The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: The Death Trap
  • Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Permasharp Stainless, new
  • Brush: Pea Soup
  • Soap: CBL Ghost Dragon's Blood
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Pinaud Whiskey Woods
  • Frag: none
  • Music: Dance Gavin Dance - Artificial Selection
I'm back for what it feels like is forever. I've been around trying to remain active and not just lurking. It's been a wild couple of weeks, fellas. The work drama hasn't let up, but this isn't the place to go on about it. Actual work has been a ball. I'm having so much fun being a paramedic. I know I keep clamoring on about it, but it's true. It doesn't matter how busy the day is, I'm always happy.

We're doing a stunt shave today and it was the dumbest thing. I paused the 3017 again to grab something with a bit more post shave support for the expected razor burn, that actually never came. I did cut myself once when I put the edge straight down on my face because I wasn't paying attention, but in the grand scheme of things, I made out alright; there was no other drama. The video should be up later today.

IMG_20200205_112755.jpg

I've been on a DGD kick these past couple of days. Good tunes, but I would imagine the screaming would turn a lot of you guys off, especially @NurseDave.

Time for lunch and cuddle time with the cats. They're currently occupying my bed like they own the joint, and I gotta go remind them who is boss by napping with them. I hope you all are having a great day. Thanks for reading and watching, Cadre.

Looking forward to the video!

Despite the drama, hope the days are fun and flyin by for ya!

• Razor: The Death Trap, but assembled like it's supposed to be.
  • Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Permasharp Stainless (1)
  • Brush: Merit
  • Soap: CBL Tonsorial Balsamic Oud
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, DG/CL Unconditional Surrender salve
  • Frag: none
  • Music: The sound of Venessa asking me to make coffee
My last day off before my half day tomorrow. Does that make it a half Cadre Friday? I didn't get the manual. Nothing really to do today except get a haircut and wash clothes. I guess I could wash dishes too. I'll figure it out.

Back to the solesoaping again! It'll go faster if I stop kinda cheating because of work. I'm not really counting the work stuff as cheating because of extenuating circumstances. Moving on. I managed to cut my finger taking the blade out of my 6S which I had planned on using today until KJ reminded me to try the death trap fully assembled. I gotta say this is one hell of a razor. Easily the smoothest OC I've ever used. It's just aggressive enough to get all the growth, but not so much so that I can obviously feel the blade. I gotta get me one of these things once I figure out what the hell it is. @Spider, help! I opted for the salve because I was reminded via email that the salves are to be discontinued. This particular jar is partially separated, which I'll fix when I get home.

You took the picture, didn't you?!

Venessa wanted me to make coffee because she was running behind...because she slept in...because she didn't go to bed at a reasonable hour. Must be nice.

Movies, chores, and cats for the rest of the day. It's a little chilly outside, but nothing to really complain about. The precipitation missed us entirely, no complaints, I hate being cold and wet, just like the rest of humanity. I hope you all have a great Thursday if that's what today is. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

• Razor: Blackland Vector
  • Blade: Feather Pro Super (3)
  • Brush: Heritage Collection Shaving Merit 99-4
  • Soap: CBL Tonsorial Balsamic Oud
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Talbot Shaving , Cole's Pond
  • Frag: Robert Graham Valour
  • Music: Spanish Love Songs - Brave Faces Everyone
Another day, another however many dollars. Short day today. I'm already getting asked to do OT tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. I have a student today and we're going over delegation, which is easily the hardest thing for me to grasp. Even now I'm still used to doing everything by myself. Well. I just agreed to the damn OT. I'm not happy about how it went down, but it was gonna get dropped on me anyway. Whatever.

It's good to use the Vector again. I need to give it a cool name like Dave, but I'll sort that out later. I'm starting to see obvious progress on the soap which is promising. The Vector made quick work of the day's worth of growth. I didn't really consider it at the time, but Cole's Pond and Pour Homme pair very interestingly well. I don't know how to describe the combination, but it seems the camphor is the culprit...oddly. I dunno, I just work here.

IMG_20200207_053201.jpg

A very recent discovery...like last night. I like the calm nature and and chaos duality of their music.

Gotta get back to work. It's gonna be a long weekend. I'm not happy that I was asked to work the day before because the schedule arrangements should never be done the day before. Whatever. I'll take it up the chain of command because this is a crappy way to do things when we can easily check the schedule. Alright I'm off my soapbox. I'll leave my grumpy at the door. I hope everybody is having a great Friday. Thanks for reading my nonsense, Cadre.

Back