The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

SON OF A GUN. I just realized that I copy and pasted the last frag I used without editing in today's. I used Paco Rabanne Pour Homme today. They might make the end of my shave paragraph more logicalish.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Blackland Vector
  • Blade: Feather Pro Super (4)
  • Brush: Heritage Collection Shaving C-MON
  • Soap: CBL Tonsorial Balsamic Oud
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Florida Water
  • Frag: none
  • Music: Between The Buried And Me - Colors
I'm halfway done with the first day. I guess it would've been easier to just say I'm a quarter done with the weekend shift, but that just reminds me that I still have another day to go. I don't need that negativity in my life. It's been a good day so far. My student just left and it was nice sharing the little bit of knowledge and experience I have with a fellow firefighter. I'm also still catching up on reports. Yesterday would be considered to be on the busier side of the spectrum. There was a car fire and I transported the patient; it was a strange call for reasons I'm pretty sure I can't discuss for legal reasons. I'm almost finished with my reports which is cool.

This blade is feeling a little rough, which is a little concerning how relatively new it is given how much these things cost. I'll try to push through it. I'm thinking the Vector might be pulled out for morning of work only to take it easy on the blades. Otherwise it was an uneventful shave. I used Florida Water for the first time, which is cool. At least I think it's the first time for FW, my days are starting to blend together.

IMG_20200208_052242.jpg

I actually don't remember what I listened to this morning. I'm pretty sure it was BTBAM.

Time to get back to reports. I hope everybody is having a great weekend so far. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

I can definitely see how the days are running together for you. That type of shift work is hard on the mind, body, and soul. I know you are young...but you need to make sure you take care of yourself. Take some time when you can for yourself. We NEED you around here.

That's probably a good idea for the Vector. I know people get plenty of shaves out of the AC Blades, but they are definitely not in the price range of DE blades.

And Florida Water?

I can definitely see how the days are running together for you. That type of shift work is hard on the mind, body, and soul. I know you are young...but you need to make sure you take care of yourself. Take some time when you can for yourself. We NEED you around here.

That's probably a good idea for the Vector. I know people get plenty of shaves out of the AC Blades, but they are definitely not in the price range of DE blades.

And Florida Water?

Thanks, Don. I'll make it a point to get some serious r&r on my coming 4 days off. I'm putting my foot down and refusing to do more OT until next week so I get my full 4 days off. I need to hit the gym too, we have a PAT consisting of walking 3 miles in 45 minutes wearing 40 lbs coming up at the end of the year. The boss set it up so that we're getting our city health bonus by accomplishing milestones leading up to the end of the year.

Back