The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

01/30/2020
  • Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Blackland Vector
  • Blade: Kai - Captain Titan ProTouch MG, new
  • Brush: Green and blue DS Cosmetic boar
  • Soap: CBL Tonsorial Balsamic Oud with a sprinkle of WS-23
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Pinaud Whiskey Woods
  • Frag: John Varvatos Dark Rebel
  • Music: I don't remember

01/31/2020

• Blade: Kai - Captain Titan ProTouch MG (1)
  • Brush: Heritage Collection Shaving Merit
  • Soap: CBL Tonsorial Balsamic Oud
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original
  • Frag: Robert Graham Valour
  • Music: blink-182 - Dogs Eating Dogs EP
I'm at work again. The 44 hours that I worked previously was exhausting, but fulfilling for me. I loved every single minute of it and I absolutely love being a paramedic. I enjoyed yesterday and relaxed. I'm actively recruiting one of my best friends and former supervisor to work with me, and that would be amazing. There's so much that she can teach me. I have a student today and he's super open to learning which I adore. I think it makes it easier because of how enthusiastic I am about my job.

I've really been enjoying the Vector and it has been one hell of an investment. I can't thank @Dave in KY enough for enabl...I mean lending his for trial. :ROFLMAO: This blade is actually better than I was expecting. I might actually prefer this over the Pro Supers, and it's ridiculously smooth and comfortable while still getting close. I had to buff a little, but I got what o desired, DFS+. Valour is king today. Damn, I smell good.

Nopicture.png

This EP is incredibly underrated.

I gotta get back to work. I'm anticipating a great day, and you should too! I think that's about it for right now. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Last edited:
Enjoy your day, Ben. I have the same blade in my sampler, but haven't tried it yet. Looking forward to it.
I sure will, Bruce. YMMV, but I was pleasantly surprised with it. All I ever see about AC blades is Feather, for a good reason, but it's easy to forget there are others out there.

SuperBen back in action! It’s reassuring to know there’s people out there that love their job keeping people safe from themselves!

Glad you find your job super rewarding! That's something I struggle with all the time! If I had a better early education in science and actually had my act together younger I often think I would love to become either a Nurse Practitioner or an Osteopathic Doctor (less on the skeletal manipulation and more on the healthy living and well-being). I know a guy who became an Osteopathic doctor and he says that most are not really doing a lot in the way of adjustments, and are more into getting to the root cause of a situation. He right now is doing a residency at one of our hospitals in psychiatric care. But I digress...

Really happy for you Ben!

Whew, all caught up Ben! Sorry to hear about all the drama at work lately, I hope it calms down for you. Congrats on the Vector! My RAD has stepped up yet another notch...

• Blade: Feather Pro Super (2)
  • Brush: Merit
  • Soap: CBL Tonsorial Balsamic Oud with a sprinkle of WS-23
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Sebum Purple
  • Frag: Robert Graham Valour
  • Music: Strike Anywhere - Exit English
Back at work for the last day of the tour. I had a freaking blast last shift. I got to do some serious paramedic stuff and I loved every second of it. But there isn't a ying without some yang. We ended the shift on a somber note. Life goes on. I brought my Dremel and sandpaper so I could start cleaning up the straights I bought a few months ago. I'm really looking forward to that until kickoff approaches. We're anticipating a lot of drama on the streets, but I'll likely be out there enjoying myself.

We're still going with Balsamic Oud. A little WS-23 to freshen the joint up a bit. This brush still needs some breaking in, but it makes one hell of a lather from one hell of a soap. I've been leaving my neck alone for the past couple of shaves because going atg tears it up, but we're all better again. Valour to finish before heading off to work. I smell good again. Valour will be a full bottle buy for sure.

No picture. Stop judgering me. (Inside joke that I remembered last week because of a textbook memory.)

I started listening to this band when I was just a teenager. This was from my pseudo rebel phase, even though I wasn't even remotely rebellious.

Gotta get back to work. I had to stop off at Walmart because I forgot my Dremel bits at home. Oops. I hope you all have a great day and enjoy the game if that's your thing. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Wow Strike Anywhere...I bought this album when it first came out. I think I may have seen them on a Warped Tour at some point. Haven't listened to them in so long, I may have to break it out for the ride to work tomorrow!

Glad you find your job super rewarding! That's something I struggle with all the time! If I had a better early education in science and actually had my act together younger I often think I would love to become either a Nurse Practitioner or an Osteopathic Doctor (less on the skeletal manipulation and more on the healthy living and well-being). I know a guy who became an Osteopathic doctor and he says that most are not really doing a lot in the way of adjustments, and are more into getting to the root cause of a situation. He right now is doing a residency at one of our hospitals in psychiatric care. But I digress...

Really happy for you Ben!
It's never too late, Don. You know better than me to never doubt yourself. Go get it, Devil Dog.

Whew, all caught up Ben! Sorry to hear about all the drama at work lately, I hope it calms down for you. Congrats on the Vector! My RAD has stepped up yet another notch...
It's all good, it's all getting sorted out by people who get paid more than I do. Dude, it's worth the price for me. Dave lent me his and I knew instantly I wasn't going to cancel my order.

Oh I don't doubt myself...just don't need another mortgage in student loans. The wife and I already have one of those.
Well that's an entirely different reason. I hate how expensive an education is these days. I don't know have to spend money to make money, but come on. 😒

Back