The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Mailboxes you say.... a little birdie told me a razor is waiting in there for you now!

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Blackland Vector
  • Blade: Feather Pro Super, new
  • Brush: Green and blue DS Cosmetic boar
  • Soap: CBL Tonsorial Balsamic Oud with a sprinkle of WS-23
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Pinaud Whiskey Woods
  • Frag: none
  • Music: Hellions - Opera Oblivia
There was a union meeting tonight and it wasn't as dramatic as I expected, but still somehow more dramatic than I was expecting. There was a person there who's future is in limbo for reasons that are beyond my knowledge, and he proceeded to attempt to shame us for not helping him. I'm not losing any sleep over it for sure. The lengths some people will go through to make people feel bad is astounding. There's also some stuff that I'm not supposed to know so I'll just leave it at that.

I had high hopes for this combination of hardware. I was not let down. The other blades that I've tried prior were gave the razor a more mild feel. This blade was more what I'm accustomed to and prefer. There's absolutely more blade feel, but I feel that it's the only way I can get close without buffing for 3 hours. This will be my go-to blade going forward, but I have a couple of Kai blades to try out. DFS++. Whiskey Woods. Enough said. I got compliments all day.

IMG_20200127_120226.jpg

More Hellions because reasons. I can't go wrong with Hellions in my playlist.

I also forgot to mention that I was the first person to cause damage to the new engine. I'm that guy. Just a little superficial scrape, not the end of the world. I had to type up a statement today, which was why I was at work; most of it was hanging out. No harm, no foul. It could've been worse, but because everybody knows how much of a boy scout type I am, they know I'm beating myself up more than they ever could. That being said, I also understand accidents happen. A learning lesson. I'll forget about it soon enough. I think that's enough rambling for today. I hope everybody had a good Monday. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Look at you pushing cars out of the way with that big front bumper. Nice!

How is that boar brush?
It's breaking in nicely. Nowhere close to my Stirling or Whipped Dogs, but still really nice.

That’s super manly. Should make the women swoon.
Venessa was swooning like she hadn't swooned before the instant I walked in.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Blackland Vector
  • Blade: Feather Pro Super (1)
  • Brush: Green and blue DS Cosmetic boar
  • Soap: CBL Tonsorial Balsamic Oud with a sprinkle of WS-23
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, B&M Seville
  • Frag: none
  • Music: Hellions - Die Young
I think you'd be surprised to know that I ended up at work again. I think it's safe to say that a paramedic was terminated yesterday for reasons that don't need to be know. Good riddance, though.

Sameish setup as yesterday. I discovered the phenomenon that @NurseDave speaks of when using his Vector. There wasn't a whole lot to shave if I'm being honest, but I still needed to shave. I enjoyed the process even though it was a bit rushed. I forgot to use my Whiskey Woods before I left so I used some Seville when I got to work. I missed a couple of spots, but that's because I wasn't paying too much attention because my mind was on hoping my clothes were dry.

Reasons.

I hadn't really ever listened to their first album, and it's definitely a lot more raw, but I like it. There are musical themes present and now I understand their progression in later albums.

Back to work I suppose. Somewhat related, I'm planning on getting back on track with my fitness so I can lose a little weight. It's not out of control, but I'd like to get ahead of it before it becomes an issue. I hope everybody has a great day. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

source.gif

Back