The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Yeah...I'm with Dave on this one. Find some ways to relieve the stress. Just because you worked more at the last job doesn't mean you won't be stressed more at this one. Stress comes in a lot of different ways...and you sir are too young to be losing your mind. Drink some green tea, get a little exercise, and spend about five to 10 minutes each day doing breathing exercises or meditation. ☺
Thanks, Don. I'll try to get a couple of those things knocked out for my benefit.

I agree too, but it's exhausting sometimes. Totally worth it to be as passionate as I am.
The phenomenon of "compassion fatigue" has been studied extensively. Everyone has their limit of giving before reaching this point. It creeps up on you till one day you realize it. The only solution that works for me is time off, even if for just a day or two. You've been busting your butt studying and working for so long it is almost inevitable you'd feel this way. It's not a state of not caring; it's a matter of exhausting your stores of what you have to give. Those stores can be replenished, but it takes time, IME.

The phenomenon of "compassion fatigue" has been studied extensively. Everyone has their limit of giving before reaching this point. It creeps up on you till one day you realize it. The only solution that works for me is time off, even if for just a day or two. You've been busting your butt studying and working for so long it is almost inevitable you'd feel this way. It's not a state of not caring; it's a matter of exhausting your stores of what you have to give. Those stores can be replenished, but it takes time, IME.
I like how Bruce puts it. Just remember...if you don't take care of yourself (ie...de-stress and get some rest) you won't be able to effectively help others.

01/23/2020

• Pre-shave: Warm shower
  • Razor: Slim Adjustable
  • Blade: Astra SP (???)
  • Brush: Ever Ready 100 I think, I didn't look at the bottom to check because it's super difficult
  • Soap: B&M Seville
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, B&M Seville
  • Frag: none
  • Music: none
01/24/2020

• Pre-shave: Warm shower
  • Razor: Slim Adjustable
  • Blade: Astra SP (???)
  • Brush: Ever Ready 100 I think, I didn't look at the bottom to check because it's super difficult
  • Soap: B&M Seville
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, B&M Seville
  • Music: none
If that looks familiar it's because I copy and pasted it from the last time I shaved at work. It hasn't been a bad three days, but I'm looking forward to going home tomorrow. I'm spending the first half of today's shift driving the engine. It's kinda cool and I'm sure the little boy in all of us is jealous that I get to drive a fire truck, but I miss my ambulance a lot. There's more work drama today than yesterday and it's starting to get exhausting. Luckily none of it is in regards to be and I've been told to keep doing what I'm doing. My superiors have expressed appreciation for my hard work and professionalism. It's nice to get that feedback, and it's reassuring.

Yes, *gasp*, I've cheated on my 3017, but u figured that I would accidentally leave it at work and ruin the whole ordeal if I brought it with me. I'll go back to using it tomorrow. Two passes on setting 6, which is still pretty mild for me, but it's good enough to get a good face seal should I have to mask up. I think I love Seville more than I did before something about not having it at home makes it more refreshing for some reason.

Not a whole lot of music being played. It's mostly typing away or hearing out the new ideas for direction of the department.

Being on the engine does provide a bit of stress relief and I'm sure seeing Venessa for the first time since Wednesday morning can only help too. The end is in sight, but I suspect that I'll get called on a bit more in the near future because of upcoming staffing issues. I'm about to do something so I'll catch you guys later. Vector is on the way! I wish you all a great Friday. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Although I want to drive it when people are getting outta your way. I think if I drove it when people were just ignoring the huge truck with flashy lights and the ship's horn my stress level would peak and I'd be tempted to push them out of the way.

I'm spending the first half of today's shift driving the engine. It's kinda cool and I'm sure the little boy in all of us is jealous that I get to drive a fire truck

giphy.gif

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: GEM
  • Blade: I forgot somehow
  • Brush: Stirling boar
  • Soap: CBL Tonsorial Balsamic Oud
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Sebum Purple
  • Music: Hellions - Rue
My second day off is winding to an end and I think relaxing is just what the doctor ordered. It was ultimately a long 3 days at work, but it wasn't busy. There was some news in the drama department, but that's none of my business...but both things directly effect me. Moving on.

Back to the solesoaping. I've been meaning to add some WS-23 to my lather for weeks and I finally remembered right after I finished loading. It wasn't ideal, but I added a few drops straight into my load. My lather died after two passes so I had to reload. Not the end of the world, it happens every now and then. This was also my first shave with a GEM razor. It was a little rough at the start because of how much growth I had, but it was a real treat. There was a little too be desired, but DFS was what I got.

IMG_20200126_131904.jpg

Hellions ftw!

Time for bed. I hope you all had a great weekend. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Congratulations on dipping your toe into the GEM world successfully! Use up the miscellaneous razors now...they may never come back to see daylight once the Vector arrives!

Congratulations on dipping your toe into the GEM world successfully! Use up the miscellaneous razors now...they may never come back to see daylight once the Vector arrives!
That was the only reason I used it today! The Vector arrives tomorrow!

Back