The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

"Sheri either likes it, or she doesn't. Nothing else matters to me." @woodpusher , you are more correct than I, sir! I rarely wear frags, and when I do, I avoid being in the same room before I go out.

Shave #271 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Pitralon Classic AS, LNHC BS PSE, and Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey Pour Homme Eau & Cedre to finish!

The week is just scootin right along!

Great shave this morning. The blade is actually the same one I had in the Tech and it’s still going strong at the moment. Been wrapping up each shave with LNHC PSE for the last week or so and really enjoying it. Hoping Nivea maintains that same level. Yesterday’s finishing frag of ADP Colonia CLUB ended up being detectable all work day surprisingly. Not really ya stand out scent for me, decent but a bit dated as to where it finally landed. Finished today’s shave with the frag sample of Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey Pour Homme Eau & Cedre. Long name but a fairly simple but rich scent profile, highlighting cedar with some deeper notes of vetiver and patchouli. Not bad!

IDT meeting this morning. Some visits lined up. Let’s see what happens!

Have a great Wednesday all!

Have a great day, Chris! Keep on scoot'n!! 😁

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Shave #272 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, 4711 AS, LNHC BS PSE, and Burberry Hero to finish!

🚂 🚂🚂🚂🚂

Draining day yesterday, then a “Back To School” night for the youngest really drew things out till later than I’d hoped…tired…but I’m up!

Great shave this morning with the SA, per usual. This tub of Hombres or at least the scrapings that are left are ready to be relegated to the Clown Puke tub! Thankfully I think I have one more puck sitting in the soap shelf somewhere…great scent! Finished off with another new sample - Burberry Hero! Very different take on cedar from yesterday’s frag. Layered over what feels like a lighter Burberry DNA are 3 different cedars, juniper, and bergamot. Sounds really good right? I was hoping so…fairly lackluster so far. Hoping it develops more!

Doggies have their vet appointment this afternoon. Hoping to get something for the shepherd mix…she gets ear and skin issues off and on that just never seem to fully resolve, then they start showing up again later in force. Poor girl.

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #273 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, and Penhaligon’s The World According To Arthur to finish!

B52E732B-EEC3-4D2F-A2E0-FAD4F27CDAFF.gif

It’s Fridaaaaaay!

Great shave this morning! Only one developing pimple was half decapitated…so there was a smidgen of blood. It closed up before the shave was even finished though, so no worries. No AS chosen to layer in today, just went straight for the post shave elixir after a couple splashes of witch hazel blend. Finished up with fancy-ness today in spritzing on a Penhaligon’s sample. This one is one of their fancy Portraits series - The World According To Arthur. Weird name to go with this scent…doesn’t really match the theme of story or lore, but whatever…still a beautiful gourmand, soft vanilla with a tinge of incense and musk mallow among some other things. Almost feminine but I’d say it falls fairly unisex otherwise.

Busy day ahead to close the week. Let’s get it done!

Happy Friday all!

Back