The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Great catching up. We had to take our dog in for skin allergies too. He ended up being allergic to grass. They suggested washing him after every time he came in. With him going out 3-4 times a day. That was not an option. So we settled on a once a week bath with a medicated shampoo. He also has a steroid pill that we can give him during the height of grass allergy season.

Great catching up. We had to take our dog in for skin allergies too. He ended up being allergic to grass. They suggested washing him after every time he came in. With him going out 3-4 times a day. That was not an option. So we settled on a once a week bath with a medicated shampoo. He also has a steroid pill that we can give him during the height of grass allergy season.
Thankfully her skin doesn’t seem to be bothersome to her. There seems to be some improvements to her ears already with the new rinse and a professional cleaning thankfully. Fingers crossed that continues!

Love my dogs, but the line has to be drawn somewhere unfortunately…and these two have cost many times more than all the other pets I’ve ever had combined so far.

Thankfully her skin doesn’t seem to be bothersome to her. There seems to be some improvements to her ears already with the new rinse and a professional cleaning thankfully. Fingers crossed that continues!

Love my dogs, but the line has to be drawn somewhere unfortunately…and these two have cost many times more than all the other pets I’ve ever had combined so far.
In my house i understand where i am in the pecking order; my wife's health insurance costs more than the mortgage and the pet medical insurance costs more than my life insurance!
T

Shave #274 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, 4711 AS, and Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue to finish!

Semi typical Saturday in progress! OT workout first thing, then picking up a coffee and baked good. Then it was back home, get cleaned up, and get back out to our EOL facility for support to a family.

Shave went great! Last one with the SA as it completed its week-long moment in the sun. What’s going to be next? Hmmmm…maybe an AC razor? Finished up with my now normal post shave regimen…excellence! Then topped off with D&G Light Blue. Yes, you read that right! The OG Light Blue is marketed for women but it’s thoroughly unisex IMO and well worth a wearing for a guy. Fairly synthetic but juicy grapefruit! Great alternative to Bvlgari Tygar if the price is too high.

Chores in progress now. Hope you’re all having a great Saturday!

Shave #275 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, Fine Platinum AS, and YSL Y Parfum to finish!

Beautiful Sunday morning here in Santa Barbara! The only thing that might ruin it is that tomorrow is Monday. 😭

Great shave this morning…opted for a week with the Vector. Since I finally used up one pack of a feather Pros and want to keep what’s left of the second for the Essence, I opted to open up my Prolines. Truly the GSBs or Wizamets of the AC blade world! Both smooth and sharp…together they provided an excellent result. Finished up with Fine Platinum AS and a sampling of YSL Y Parfum. Pretty darn similar to the EDT, still the curiously appley opening, maybe just a bit darker on the base notes.

Off to church in a bit!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

The only thing worse than Mondays is if they didn’t come around at all - maybe one day science will find a way to fast forward Mondays!

But enjoy today my brother!

Shave #276 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, Pitralon Classic AS, and Burberry Hero to finish!

Bring it on Monday!

Great shave this morning, in a fairly bleary eyed state. 😂 Not much to report on it otherwise. Feeling fresh and smelling good!

Busy week ahead. Going to try and get ahead a little bit and see if I can take Friday off for a 3 day birthday weekend.

Hope you all have a great day! Go kick Monday’s butt!

Bring it on Monday! Feeling fresh and smelling good!

Chris is ready to attack the day!

giphy.gif

Ok.....I need your scent help. And I always learned if you need help its always best to go to an expert......(that would be you)

So I really like the Acuqa di Gio EDT but I hate the price.

First: Do you know the scent I'm talking about?
and second: Do you know of anything that is similar and won't make my knees buckle when I see the price?

Ok.....I need your scent help. And I always learned if you need help its always best to go to an expert......(that would be you)

and second: Do you know of anything that is similar and won't make my knees buckle when I see the price?
I know I wasn't asked but.... 360° Red for men from Perry Ellis is supposed to be close. I have both so I'd be happy to A/B them tonight and let you know.

What price range would make your knees buckle less?

A good resource for “similar frags” is Fragrantica online. They usually have a list of user input “this frag reminds me of”.

A good purchasing option is Fragrance Marketplace on Facebook. You can sometimes snag a full sized frag for 50-75% normal cost…or a low priced partial if you don’t have a thing about cooties. I can keep an eye out for you if you want. I’ve gotten almost all my frags from there, scams to happen unfortunately but they get tamped down fairly quickly…hasn’t happened to me yet *knock on wood*

What price range would make your knees buckle less?
The price they're asking at Macy's was a bit steep. I hadn't seen it anywhere else. But then I only just started looking.

Thanks for the advice. I'll check those out.

Back