The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

By the way my friend, I need your help convincing @Luecke3262 to buy this collab between Pasteurs and HC&C…..since you’re one of the few friends I know that have the frag - the soap is an homage to Sauvage Elixer…… I just want him to get it for the kick butt label - because that is most important thing to consider when buying a shave soap.

1663949497514.png

Why would anyone want to hold back on the glorious scent of grapefruit. Heathens!

View attachment 94138
Truly a mystery for the ages! 🧐
By the way my friend, I need your help convincing @Luecke3262 to buy this collab between Pasteurs and HC&C…..since you’re one of the few friends I know that have the frag - the soap is an homage to Sauvage Elixer…… I just want him to get it for the kick butt label - because that is most important thing to consider when buying a shave soap.

View attachment 94139
Shame on him for not buying it for the mere fact that it’s shaving related. Not to mention that the Sauvage line is one of the most popular blue fragrance lines on market.
F77C11FD-48B3-4F36-A63D-4E3D654A4C3C.gif

Shave #267 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Canadian Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Skin Bracer AS, and Ralph’s Club to finish!

Mostly typical Saturday in progress. The family went out to the kids’ beach tournament at Pismo though. I did my workout, got a hair cut and coffee/baked good…then headed home to take care of the chore biz.

Great cleanup n shave this morning. The last one for my week of the Tech. I think I’m going to pull out the Super Adjustable next. Fairly standard software fare. Finished off with a Ralph’s Club sample. A bit different from what I remember of it when I first tried it a while ago. Profuse lavender, a bit of a smokey sweetness, almost marshmallow vibe underneath. Light a fairly close to the skin even with a normal wearing. Im not long into it though, so we’ll see where it goes. A safe frag choice for sure, but I like it.

Thankfully got the sermon to a good place yesterday I think. So just have to deliver it tomorrow. That gives me an unexpectedly free day, except for finishing laundry! Definitely happy about that!

Have a great Saturday all!

Shave #268 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Canadian Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, RR The Stallion AS, LNHC BS PSE, and Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Well dang, it’s Sunday already?

Good shave this morning. I did indeed pull out the SA and went to town. The head geometry on this thing just feels right and there must have been enough minor improvements in the mechanical system by the time this came out, that it may be better than the Fatboy to me. Finished up with some of Lisa’s PSE and a healthy wearing of Moustache EDP.

Soaking up the last of the weekend here!

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday!

Shave #269 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, 4711 AS, LNHC BS PSE, and Prada Luna Rossa Ocean to finish!

Ugh…here we are again. Monday 🤦‍♂️

Thankfully, a great shave this morning. No issues or fuss. Some great, fresh scents used, including a sample of Prada Luna Rossa Ocean. A solid, albeit somewhat generic blue/aquatic frag.

Some slightly warmer days this week supposedly, if the weather person can make up their minds, but thankfully the nights have been nice and cool.

Hope it’s a great Monday all!

A solid, albeit somewhat generic blue/aquatic frag.
A generic blue frag? Chris, what has gotten into you? No generic colors for you, my friend. Doesn't Creed or someone offer blue frags that cost hundreds? Those are the frags you need. Once you get that corrected, we can send the Daves (Barber and Nurse) over to guide you to several expensive watches you need.

A generic blue frag? Chris, what has gotten into you? No generic colors for you, my friend. Doesn't Creed or someone offer blue frags that cost hundreds? Those are the frags you need. Once you get that corrected, we can send the Daves (Barber and Nurse) over to guide you to several expensive watches you need.
Ho ho! Bruce is being a funny man and jumping in the enablement train hm?
F5191C7C-5AAF-459F-B171-33FD15AC4A8E.gif

It’s true! The frag is rather lackluster, but reliable thankfully! Sometimes simple is good!

Sometimes! Not every day… *cough*Bruce and Sam*cough*

Shave #270 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Speick AS, LNHC BS PSE, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia CLUB to finish!

At least it’s not Monday anymore!

Great shave again this morning. Kept the scents fairly light since I reached for another frag sample today, one I’ve not used before - ADP Colonia CLUB. Not bad…starts out as kind of a more herbaceous Colonia, without the lemony citrus notes and more of a Dior Homme Eau light vibe with bergamot/grapefruit or something lurking. Performance feels lighter than OG Colonia at the moment, but we’ll see as the day wears on!

Workout later tonight!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Have a great one Chris!! 😁

View attachment 94414
Thanks Mark! My wife and I keep commenting we need to get our dachshund one of these type of costumes for around the house, so funny 😂
You should start posting about your muscle growth so @woodpusher can live vicariously.
Unfortunately I’m at the age where I can no longer get shredded without serious effort. These days I’m just trying to maintain some kind of toned dad bod 😂

ADP Colonia CLUB. Not bad…starts out as kind of a more herbaceous Colonia, without the lemony citrus notes and more of a Dior Homme Eau light vibe with bergamot/grapefruit or something lurking. Performance feels lighter than OG Colonia at the moment, but we’ll see as the day wears on!
What language are you speaking? You frag-heads seem to speak a language all your own! My own reviews would be "smells good", or perhaps with one I once owned 35 years ago, "smells like 3-day unwashed armpit".

Back