The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #263 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Canadian Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Speick AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Ended up being a fairly long and busy Monday shift. Up a bit early today for a mandatory meeting and IDT to start the day…it’s like Monday continued…😂

At least the shave was great! 3 quick n easy Tech passes skating over an excellent lather. Finished up with the nondescript Speick AS so I could give a couple blasts of that powerhouse blue - Sauvage! A little goes a long way with this juice!

OT workout later this evening hopefully…and I have to start thinking about the sermon for Sunday too at some point. I’ll be glad when this week is over 😂

Have a great Tuesday all!

You seem to be preaching a lot. The ole minster just kickin' back sippin' on the gin and juice during the services?

Shave #264 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Canadian Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, 4711 AS, and Acqua Di Gio EDP to finish!

Yep…ended up being another looooong day yesterday. Thankfully the workout and night’s rest were good!

The Tech knocked out another stellar shave this morning. Decided to mix up the finishing scents a bit. It was time to get back into my little box of samples, so for today’s scent of the day, I tried ADG EDP (the newest release in the line) for the first time. Very similar to Profumo, but knocked back to their generic ADG base while pumping up the citrus a bit. Not quite a good as Profumo, but still solid.

More new patients to take care of today. Going to try and go to a local interfaith pastor’s group during the lunch break to check it out…then hopefully some sermon work.

Have a great Wednesday all!

We're twinsies again (nearly)...I used my British Pre-war tech, my CBL Hombres soap and a spritze of Acqua Di Gio EDT. So I know the world thinks I smell great.

Shave #265 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Canadian Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Barbasol Pacific Rush AS, and YSL Y EDT to finish!

Tiredness continues, though I woke up before my alarm and rolled around a bit hoping to catch an extra few minutes.

Great shave this morning! Nothing to report really as far as the shave itself. Different scents, same great results. Finished up with YSL Y EDT…a sweet blue/aquatic fragrance with a slightly feminine edge that gets jerked back to the masculine side with a woody/dark vetiver base. Something fruity/appley in there, some pink pepper I think. Not bad but I expect the parfum will be better.

IDT meeting this morning and the turnover of patients is at a high right now, so lots to do!

Hope you all have a great Thursday!

Tiredness continues, though I woke up before my alarm and rolled around a bit hoping to catch an extra few minutes.
Someone get this man some coffee!!! :coffee:

giphy.gif

Shave #266 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Canadian Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC Barber Shoppe post shave elixir, and Bvlgari Tygar to finish!

So glad it’s Friday! Not that it’s going to make it any less busy…but it’s something!

Great shave this morning! Tech week is just about done, thinking of what’s up next as far as razors. 🤔 Finished up today’s shave with LNHC post shave elixir and some of my Bvlgari Tygar sample. This frag got tons of press and hype when it came out not too long ago. I have to admit, it’s pretty good! Worth its retail price tag? Eh, few frags are. As far as scent though, the open grapefruit could give D&G Light Blue a run for its money, it’s that good, though where Light Blue keep grapefruit as the star, Tygar let’s it dial back a bit and integrates some rich, ambery woods.

Full day ahead and still lots of sermon work to get done. My head just hasn’t been in the game this week I guess; normally I’d be closer to being finished with it by now. So, I press on!

Happy Friday all!

Back