The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

I are a new stewdent

What...no turn n cough?

I’ve had to get a full physical and a bill of good health done for a couple of jobs, no real reason.

I think Shawn got a bum deal! I think he either needs to turn down the job or go back to the doc and demand a "turn and cough procedure!"
1f60b.png

That BP is absolutely outstanding! But then again you are very active...even when you probably shouldn't be! So...when's the first day?

Still waiting to hear when the first day is. Emailed her yesterday after I got back from the screening stuff. She emailed back a little later saying they should have the papers in a day or two and her or Dan would let me know when the start date would be.

You must be chompin at the bit, rarin to go! I know I would be!

”I’ll sign whatever papers you got lady! I’ll even come in for free today!”

Got the email at 10am this morning, going in to fill out final paperwork at the office this afternoon and starting tomorrow!!!!!

First day was a little boring. One of the guys was off today, so I went around with the other one. Did some sidewalk salting first thing. Then walked around seeing where some of the stuff was. Went out and cleared a jam on one of the conveyors. Changed a serpentine drive belt on the bottom of a big shaper while he had to go fix something on a glue machine. Then spent my lunch and most of the rest of the afternoon grinding and welding new tooling posts on the hog mill chipper.
So nothing too dramatic for my first day.
1f606.png

Then spent my lunch and most of the rest of the afternoon grinding and welding new tooling posts on the hog mill chipper.
:: Nods like he knows what the heck Shawn is talking about ::

Hey...first days are supposed to feel boring! Now what the heck is a hog mill chipper and how can I get my hands on one...
1f60b.png

It's a shredder for hardwood scraps. Looks pretty much like this.

Each one of those teeth on the round shaft are rotated/replaced as they get dull or chipped. The posts that they mount on can sometimes break off. That happened today and it tripped the breaker. We cleaned it out and saw the broken one, and while checking the others found one more that needed replaced. So I ground the bad one off, ground the old weld off of both, then welded new posts back on and put new teeth on them.
(The teeth alone are almost 2 inches square.)

Back