The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

GearNoir’s Shave Journal V-Companion : Musings

You should get her to give you a fade, and taper the sides into the top. That's the way I cut my own hair for 20 years when I was in the military, and what I kept up until I switched to the Mohawk. It is super easy to do. It would look good on you. I can tech you if you want. PM me if you want more info.

Good video ! JUST SAY NO !!!! ?

Thanks Dave!

You should get her to give you a fade, and taper the sides into the top. That's the way I cut my own hair for 20 years when I was in the military, and what I kept up until I switched to the Mohawk. It is super easy to do. It would look good on you. I can tech you if you want. PM me if you want more info.

Thanks KJ. The goal is eventually to have my longer hair back, just not quite so long, though I did have that hair style for a while years ago. She’d love it if I cut my own hair though, she hates doing it; but I use the money saved as an excuse for shaving stuff occasionally, lol. ?

Got it, no more Chris "Luscious Locks" Noir any more. Ya'll making the SS look so smooth are making me jealous. I'm still stuck on the short strokes, otherwise it tends to chatter or stick.

I don't know about the file size. Is there a reason to make them smaller other than to save time uploading? I really don't know what actually happens between the phone, processing and uploading and what the ending result on YouTube is. If there's a reason to go small, it's your channel you should do what's easy for you. I watch videos either at work where it wouldn't matter or at home on the big screen where it probably would. It wouldn't effect me watching cadre members, but if the quality was lower I likely wouldn't watch others at home.

Enjoyed the video today Chris! Good stuff! The new do looks good. I need a haircut pretty badly right now.

She’d love it if I cut my own hair though, she hates doing it; but I use the money saved as an excuse for shaving stuff occasionally, lol.
1f606.png
You know you'd still be saving money if YOU cut it, right? It's actually super easy to cut your own hair. I've been cutting my own hair for 32 years.

I watch videos either at work where it wouldn't matter or at home on the big screen where it probably would. It wouldn't effect me watching cadre members, but if the quality was lower I likely wouldn't watch others at home.

Dave, you watch my videos on the big screen, how is the quality?? I upload in 540P, so one step lower quality than Chris. I had read before that for VLOGs, that is all that is necessary. It takes me between 20-40 minutes to upload a 20 minute video. If you see a need to bump up the quality a bit, I could experiment with 720P.

Dave, you watch my videos on the big screen, how is the quality?? I upload in 540P, so one step lower quality than Chris. I had read before that for VLOGs, that is all that is necessary. It takes me between 20-40 minutes to upload a 20 minute video. If you see a need to bump up the quality a bit, I could experiment with 720P.
I can't remember watching one thinking the video quality wasn't up to snuff. If I remember (which is a long shot) when I get home, I'll stream one of yours and then one of my early ones. I was doing 1080p. But again, I don't know what really ends up on the YouTube stream.

Wow, Williams Advocate, Personal Avon Rep and now Stylist to the Youtube Stars ???

Got it, no more Chris "Luscious Locks" Noir any more. Ya'll making the SS look so smooth are making me jealous. I'm still stuck on the short strokes, otherwise it tends to chatter or stick.

I don't know about the file size. Is there a reason to make them smaller other than to save time uploading? I really don't know what actually happens between the phone, processing and uploading and what the ending result on YouTube is. If there's a reason to go small, it's your channel you should do what's easy for you. I watch videos either at work where it wouldn't matter or at home on the big screen where it probably would. It wouldn't effect me watching cadre members, but if the quality was lower I likely wouldn't watch others at home.

You’ll get there with the SS. The bulk of my open blade shaves are with it, so I’m a bit “practiced”. I still have a lot of fine tuning to do when it comes to consistent reduction with my strokes.

You outline the major points of reducing video quality - about 30 minutes less upload time for me, but no HD quality for you. Thankfully I haven’t been hitting storage issues too often; that’s more an issue of my own time and space management though.

You know you'd still be saving money if YOU cut it, right? It's actually super easy to cut your own hair. I've been cutting my own hair for 32 years.

Yea...and look what happened, you sprouted a mohawk!

The resolution looks fine on all you guys’ videos. Of course it’s in a tablet without glasses! ?Great Shaving Chris.

Today’s SOTD, featuring my first SE shave with a GEM Jr. and Vitos Extra Super soap!

Okay Chris first my apologies it took me two days to get through your video due to workload. Really enjoyed it though!

Simple? I guess I'll have to scrap that Kazakhstan themed scent. ...and i just figured out how to get the name to fit on the label.

Back