The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

GearNoir’s Shave Journal V-Companion : Musings

GearNoir

“The Disney Princess’s Apprentice”
First video is uploaded. I tried to keep things real simple. I used iMovie as my tool.

All comments (including tips and criticisms) welcome!

Thanks for watching!

Woohoo!!! Way to go Chris! That was one friggin' long gif though. I've been thinking I need to get a heavier DE. Might just wait in line for the game changer. That looks pretty nice.

Awesome stuff here Chris. You mentioned the water sanctions you are facing. We are allowed to water twice a week and sadly it is not enough and most lawns are browning here. But with our reservoirs draining quickly because the snowpack melted so quickly due to the heat not gradually happening we lost a lot of our snowpack. The reservoirs only fill with gradual temp increases which causes the snow pack to slowly melt. Water shortages are the real deal here in the desert. And yet they keep building and everyone thinks they need a green lawn.

Also really enjoyed the video. Looking forward to more.

Great first video Chris! Looking forward to more.

thanks for the shout out on my soap loading. Are you guys talking about me behind my back?? Don’t recall that being a critique until now, lol.

Woohoo!!! Way to go Chris! That was one friggin' long gif though. I've been thinking I need to get a heavier DE. Might just wait in line for the game changer. That looks pretty nice.

Lol! Thanks Dave.

It is quite smooth and quite hefty. The Barber Pole is beautiful and the machining excellent. Great jumping off point (possibly staying point too?) for a full SS razor that could last next to forever.

Awesome stuff here Chris. You mentioned the water sanctions you are facing. We are allowed to water twice a week and sadly it is not enough and most lawns are browning here. But with our reservoirs draining quickly because the snowpack melted so quickly due to the heat not gradually happening we lost a lot of our snowpack. The reservoirs only fill with gradual temp increases which causes the snow pack to slowly melt. Water shortages are the real deal here in the desert. And yet they keep building and everyone thinks they need a green lawn.

Also really enjoyed the video. Looking forward to more.

Thank you Chad.

CA rains seem to be less and less each year (despite our recent dam and levy overflow/breakdown issues) and the summers hotter, sooner, and longer. That 1 day a week only demand only came down a few months ago I think. Previously it was twice a week.

Great first video Chris! Looking forward to more.

thanks for the shout out on my soap loading. Are you guys talking about me behind my back?? Don’t recall that being a critique until now, lol.

I try to remember to give credit where credit is due! It’s not a critique, lol. Just an on the spot quip. ?

Thank you Dave and Josh!

I must say, kudos to you guys that do videos often. A normal shave probably would have extended a few more minutes, but I always felt under the gun/rushed during the whole thing. I’ll have to free up a tad more room on the phone.

Nice video Chris. It hasn't rained here this week, but I live at the bottom of a hill above a creek so my yard is still soft from the last time. I could wring it out and send you some.
1f606.png

Nice video Chris. It hasn't rained here this week, but I live at the bottom of a hill above a creek so my yard is still soft from the last time. I could wring it out and send you some.
1f606.png

Form a company. You’d make millions!

Chris great shave the sandalwood with prorarso sounds nice actually. Was your son on the rainbow track. I hate that one!

Thanks for the TSC plug!

I dunno, I think the Sandalwood Creeper would be the name of a character on Law & Order. An older guy that wears a trench coat, sandals and long black socks.

Chris great shave the sandalwood with prorarso sounds nice actually. Was your son on the rainbow track. I hate that one!

Thanks for the TSC plug!
Thanks Chad!

He played through a bunch of levels lol, that was probably one of them!

My pleasure for the plug. The other place accidentally slipped out, out of habit, so I just rolled with it. I find myself over there less and less.

Another good video. Interesting combo for the lather!

Thanks KJ! It could use some tweaking, but it actually was pretty nice if you like the two soaps themselves.

Chris great shave, thoughts and musings. You have a nice relaxing way on the camera. I like the intro and exit music.

Back