The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

GearNoir’s Shave Journal V-Companion : Musings

Great Stuff, and nice high fade BTW, LOL Congrats on 200!

Lol thanks Dave. I actually had to cut my own hair this time around, the missus wasn’t able to the evening prior and I was looking shabby.

The getting back side of the head with the clippers is a pain in the backside! It’s like learning to reverse a trailer all over again (something I’m still not confident with yet).

LOL, well if I am ever up in in that area again, I will have to give you a good chop, LOL

As long as it’s not a chop at the neck!
1f602.png

LOL, nope a good haricut

This week’s offering is available. Not a complete Williams success, but I’m on my way with great skin feel and a decent shave!

No no, you posted way too late. That means you're reserved for the big screen at home tonight.

So many comments.... by the time I finished your video, I forgot some of them.....

Slim vs. Fatboy... I’m with you, love the Fatboy so much more!

Only 15 shaves on a blade??? You can do better than that! You can easily go a month or more!

Williams. If you want to use it as a good Shave soap. Soak it like you’re trying to kill it! I soak mine overnight on its first use. Load for a good 30-60 seconds. The longer the better. Seems overkill, and you’ll want to stop before it’s ready, but stay the course. Whip it up and add water slowly. Build it a little at a time. Have you not seen any of my Williams videos (at the other place)?

Seriously, have you never seen my trick for how to dispense aftershave? I know you watch my videos, and I’ve showed it several times, so there’s no excuse!

Great Shave Brother! Love the vids.

So many comments.... by the time I finished your video, I forgot some of them.....

Slim vs. Fatboy... I’m with you, love the Fatboy so much more!

Only 15 shaves on a blade??? You can do better than that! You can easily go a month or more!

Williams. If you want to use it as a good Shave soap. Soak it like you’re trying to kill it! I soak mine overnight on its first use. Load for a good 30-60 seconds. The longer the better. Seems overkill, and you’ll want to stop before it’s ready, but stay the course. Whip it up and add water slowly. Build it a little at a time. Have you not seen any of my Williams videos (at the other place)?

Seriously, have you never seen my trick for how to dispense aftershave? I know you watch my videos, and I’ve showed it several times, so there’s no excuse!

Great Shave Brother! Love the vids.

Thanks KJ!

Good Williams tips, I’ll give it a go. I haven’t seen your Williams vids at the other place, I knew you at least initially planned to make one for here though. I’ll look them up at some point.

And I do use your trick for AS constantly! Those little sample bottles are a pain though, doesn’t take much to accidentally let out 1/4 of the bottle before you realize. ?

Works on small bottles too. I use it on 1 oz alcohol bottles that I use for test mixes.

Back