The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

GearNoir’s Shave Journal V-Companion : Musings

Really no need to apologize for or in your video. It’s all good man!

Finally watched the video and I really enjoyed it! Keep it up! Love hearing the kids in the background becubec it means I'm not the only one

Nice video Chris. I love watching folks, or at least hear about them, using the stuff I PIF’d them.

When I first started watching I was like, “oh no, he didn’t melt down the sample into a bowl!?!?!” But I think using it like a stick worked out ok. I just think you still need to get a lot more product loaded.

Don’t be stingy. That’s almost a third of a full puck. It’s going to last you a very long time. You might have better luck just loading directly off the sample, even if you don’t melt it down first. Definitely continue to bloom it, then load like crazy!

i think you’ll like some of the other Avon scents a lot better than that one. I’ll be looking forward to reading about your impressions of those. Enjoy!

Yes, next go around I will definitely try to load more. It looked like enough initially (looked like twice what I’d load from a shave stick) and it worked up OK, but more would definitely up the thickness more to my liking I hope. I think it was just difficult to gauge what was coming off the puck because it’s a harder puck than usual.

The Excalibur frag at this point is actually much more nice than the first hour. I get little whiffs here and there as I’m working. Still not a buy-me-now, but it’s something I can get along with. I didn’t have any ziplocks so I refoldes the towelette and wrapped it up in Saran Wrap. If it keeps, I’ll definitely use the rest to simulate a heavier application.

Enjoyed it all this morning with my coffee! On the 7 sins great pups! As to the Honeybee, when you think you have enough LOAD more!

I like the scent of Cella but it is so sweet to my nose it is hard for me to use all the time. But I agree it is a nice scent. Have a great weekend Chris!

Enjoyed it all this morning with my coffee! On the 7 sins great pups! As to the Honeybee, when you think you have enough LOAD more!

I like the scent of Cella but it is so sweet to my nose it is hard for me to use all the time. But I agree it is a nice scent. Have a great weekend Chris!

Thanks Chad!

Enjoyed the video today. I hope you enjoy the Coconut Oud when you use it!

The weekend sounded like a good time was had!

Coffee and Chris Noir this morning. Looks like an easy routine you have with those two razors.

Back