The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

GearNoir’s Shave Journal V-Companion : Musings

Heh "Because it's the right thing to do". Mr Noir, the ethical shaver.

Heh "Because it's the right thing to do". Mr Noir, the ethical shaver.

Gotta take care of your stuff!
1f609.png

Shave #23 of 2019:

Gear: Assured Razor, Assured blade (1), RR Big Bruce synth, William’s (modern) soap, generic witch hazel, and Barbasol PR AS to close!

Today I stared death in the face, and he blinked first.

You posted this video in three different places. I certainly hope there are three different endings.

Shave #25 of 2019:

Gear: Assured Razor, Assured blade (3), RR Big Bruce synth, Proraso Green soap, generic witch hazel, and Proraso Green balm to close!

Made a (failed) attempt at the Speed Challenge for the month. The actual shave was about 8 minutes. Gave myself a good nick in the process. Did complete the Assured Razor Challenge though!

Woot! Great things happening Chris. You are being pulled to post every shave for the vlog!

If anything, you’re the cheater, using one of the slickest soaps available! By the way that was a good Williams lather. Could be thicker, but I didn’t notice much dissipation.

If anything, you’re the cheater, using one of the slickest soaps available! By the way that was a good Williams lather. Could be thicker, but I didn’t notice much dissipation.

Shhh don’t tell them that!

It looked better on camera than it did in person. I felt like it barely hung around long enough for the 2nd and third passes.

Shave #28 of 2019:

Gear: Gillette Toggle, Assured blade (4), Yaqi SF synth, 3 soap mix (CBL Barbershop, AOS Sandalwood, and Catie’s Bubbles La Rose du Mechant), generic witch hazel, and Stirling Vanilla & Sandalwood to finish!

Ugh just a hell of a day. Sorry for the lateness, had some major issues getting the video together today. Quality drops for the last segment, apologies.

If you are watching along or reading this - Bruce (Greybeard), Chris (the CBL variety), and Dave (the Xeno persuasion) are named for the 3 soap, 1 bowl call out!

Great work trying the Assured in a good razor. No sound! The dollar razor must really not hold the blade very well.

Great work trying the Assured in a good razor. No sound! The dollar razor must really not hold the blade very well.

Thanks Rich! Yes I think that’s a fair assessment. The Gillette adjustables hold the blade much better all around. Having the lower setting helped as well I think.

Viewer note: Shaving starts at 15:00
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

Chatty Noir. You know I watched the whole thing buddy.

Back