The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

GearNoir’s Shave Journal V-Companion : Musings

Final DE Shave of 2018 and Shave in Memorandum of Honeybee Sue:

Gear: Gillette Fatboy (E2; setting 3), RR Big Bruce synth, Honeybee Cucumber & Melon soap, generic witch hazel, Osage Rub AS, and Pinaud Citrus Musk frag to close!

Last shave of 2018:

Gear: Asylum RX, Feather Pro blade (15), RR Big Bruce, Williams soap (modern; as preshave, CBL Barbershop soap, Barbasol AS, and YSL L’Homme Ultime frag to finish!

Good video. I have only used Supers in the RX and haven't gotten a good shave. Maybe I should try a guarded blade.

Good video. I have only used Supers in the RX and haven't gotten a good shave. Maybe I should try a guarded blade.

Thanks for watching John. The shave turned out to be about 70%+ BBS, with DFS on the rest. I loved the heft of the razor; excited to continue with it for the week!

Thanks for watching John. The shave turned out to be about 70%+ BBS, with DFS on the rest. I loved the heft of the razor; excited to continue with it for the week!
Glad to see it being loved. I just lives in a drawer at my house.

Sorry it took so long all, long day:

Shave 7 of 2019:

Today's Gear: Colonial General Brass, Feather Pro blade (1), RR Big Bruce synth, Williams soap (modern; as preshave), Harry’s Eucalyptus shave cream soap, generic witch hazel, and Pitralon Classic AS to finish!

Video is up!

Alright Mr BetterLateThanNeverNoir, let's do this!

Oh mercy. I accidentally double clicked on something and looked what happened. A screen full of Noir!

It interesting they don't produce that razor at all any more. Seems like they could just give the specs to a machine shop and start making sales. But I'm glad you cleared up the love for the razor vs your wife. Hope the recovery is going well.

It interesting they don't produce that razor at all any more. Seems like they could just give the specs to a machine shop and start making sales. But I'm glad you cleared up the love for the razor vs your wife. Hope the recovery is going well.

Thank Dave! I’m clueless on that as well. They could have been making some sales at least during this interim period.

Back