The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

GearNoir’s Shave Journal V-Companion : Musings

Dang I was pretty scatterbrained this morning. I said bronze spacers too, not brass...it’s brass Chris, ya dummy! ?

You started off mentioning that you didn’t have much to say...... then you went on to make your longest video ever!!!
1f602.png

My vote is for the toggle.

You started off mentioning that you didn’t have much to say...... then you went on to make your longest video ever!!!
1f602.png

My vote is for the toggle.

Lol! Such is the nature of impromptu videos. Lots of rambling and brain farts! Most of the length still came from the shave though I think. Took some concentration.

Chris got you cued up and will watch after the wife is asleep. This are some great razors the Monkey has you hooked up with. This will make some good shaving.

Chris got you cued up and will watch after the wife is asleep. This are some great razors the Monkey has you hooked up with. This will make some good shaving.
\n\nGood razors indeed! Thanks for watching Jim!

Nice work and nice shave Chris. You just killed me when you quoted that tool with Clearing the Runways. Ugh that thought is still in my head.

KT's are my all-time favorite straights! Real hard steel that will keep an edge for a long time, but a touch difficult to hone. Those are referred to as shoulderless or rattler grind
razors.

Nice work and nice shave Chris. You just killed me when you quoted that tool with Clearing the Runways. Ugh that thought is still in my head.
\nThat saying grates my nerves as well!
\n\nLol! It just popped into my head that moment.\n
KT\'s are my all-time favorite straights! Real hard steel that will keep an edge for a long time, but a touch difficult to hone. Those are referred to as spineless razors.
\n\nGood info. It’s just as well the steel is harder, the blade is so thin it’s kind of a bugger to strop. I think my preference is for something a little more beefy.

You’ll find it doesn’t bother you as much if you wear a bandana.

Back