The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

GearNoir’s Shave Journal V-Companion : Musings

I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the package of goodies.

I have been treated very well by several vendors. You mentioned Captains choice, Scott is quite generous and very interactive. I’ve not had a lot of personal interaction with Rod but my experience with Stirling Soap is always exceptional and they always send a little something extra in their awesomely packaged package. Maggard has never let me down, they made a small mistake and more than made it right.

My favorite story is Amanda, the owner of Longrifle soap. She happened to read in OUR journals where we were going back and forth about her (at the time) new Bay rhum. A couple of us mentioned how our experience with the scent was varied. Next thing I know I’ve got a new tin in my mailbox with a note explaining the puck was a fresh batch and she hoped I liked it. That’s awesome.

I think its important to remember that these vendors are in it to make a living and work hard to get where they are and stay there. When a vendor gives they are indeed giving up the profit they might otherwise get. Many of these vendors are active members of the traditional shaving community and they enjoy being part of it in as many ways as possible.

Good topic, it was nice to hear your thoughts.

I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the package of goodies.

I have been treated very well by several vendors. You mentioned Captains choice, Scott is quite generous and very interactive. I’ve not had a lot of personal interaction with Rod but my experience with Stirling Soap is always exceptional and they always send a little something extra in their awesomely packaged package. Maggard has never let me down, they made a small mistake and more than made it right.

My favorite story is Amanda, the owner of Longrifle soap. She happened to read in OUR journals where we were going back and forth about her (at the time) new Bay rhum. A couple of us mentioned how our experience with the scent was varied. Next thing I know I’ve got a new tin in my mailbox with a note explaining the puck was a fresh batch and she hoped I liked it. That’s awesome.

I think its important to remember that these vendors are in it to make a living and work hard to get where they are and stay there. When a vendor gives they are indeed giving up the profit they might otherwise get. Many of these vendors are active members of the traditional shaving community and they enjoy being part of it in as many ways as possible.

Good topic, it was nice to hear your thoughts.

Thanks for watching and for your spot on comments Chris!

A friendly face (actual or virtual) and some good (sadly) old fashioned “mom & pop” shop customer service gets a lot of mileage and loyalty these days. I think you’ve said before, but despite the quality of a product, a positive experience is a huge part of the community and business; translating that into a fast paced, high-consumption, often faceless market has become (I think) a focus of bigger companies in the last decade, but they just can’t pull it off with the same finesse as highly involved, smaller vendors.

Again, thank you for the awesome soaps and your continued contribution as one of us, not just a hovering presence.

Can't say much more to what has already been said other then I'm in total agreement but let's be clear here. Chris is like a drug pusher, he's got us hooked now and we can't quit ???

Enjoyed the Video this morning. And I agree the wetshaving community is something special.

Great to enjoy your enjoying of new soaps and interactions Chris N. Chris L is living a dream of turning a hobby into a vocation as is Dave and Shawn and it's a kick watching the joy they take from that.

Great to enjoy your enjoying of new soaps and interactions Chris N. Chris L is living a dream of turning a hobby into a vocation as is Dave and Shawn and it's a kick watching the joy they take from that.

Absolutely! Thanks Rich!

Very nice video this morning. Nice software choices. And I like that you laughed at your own joke at the end. LOL

Also I heard KIDS! LOL.

Very nice video this morning. Nice software choices. And I like that you laughed at your own joke at the end. LOL

Also I heard KIDS! LOL.
Heh, that was classic.

I was just about to post why didn't we get to see the video game playing, but the family greeting was cool.

Always good catching up via your videos Mr Noir.

Hope you like the Hawk V2. That was the first SE I used and I loved it.

Back