The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Football 2023-2024

@BarberDave was foolish enough to bet his 6-0 USAF team could defeat my 3-3 Navy at Annapolis today. Even with it being our QB's first-ever start, I have confidence in the home team. Go Navy!

Well, after this weekend's happens with my favorite college team, THE New York FOOTBALL Giants, they are now without QB1-Daniel Jones (again!) QB2-Tyrod Taylor and they don't trust QB3-Tommy Devito to throw the ball. With the season already a total mess at 2-7 and the O-Line limping around, the season is done and I am doing to do something that I have never done since I started watching the Giants back in the early '70s..... cheer for the tank! Well, actually, it's the resulting draft pick I'm cheering for.

For the rest of the season, in non-Giant games, I'm cheering for the team with the fewest wins (bump them up higher than the G-man) and in Giant-games, I will cheer for Big Blue but be content when they lose .... and lose they will.

What a mess, but .... whatchagonna go when life gives you truckloads of lemons? 🤷‍♂️

Just going to say it. If James Franklin and Penn St. can’t win this game against Michigan with Jim Harbaugh suspended. The nittany lions might need to find a new coach.

@MarkB super happy your Crimson Tide won. But only for one reason. CHAOS!!! Let’s see who makes it the not the playoff spots and see who gets left out. This will be interesting!

I think it is easy to put Michigan, Washington, and Florida St. in the playoff. But there is a legit three or four times they deserve a spot as well. Just interesting to see how it turns out.

I think it is easy to put Michigan, Washington, and Florida St. in the playoff. But there is a legit three or four times they deserve a spot as well. Just interesting to see how it turns out.
A lot of the people on ESPN are talking about leaving FSU out due to a combination of they think the ACC is too weak to count and we lost our starting QB. I will be interested in seeing what is decided.

A lot of the people on ESPN are talking about leaving FSU out due to a combination of they think the ACC is too weak to count and we lost our starting QB. I will be interested in seeing what is decided.
Yeah I have heard that as well. All I know is the went undefeated and won their conference. On that alone they should be in. Otherwise, why do we play the games.

Yeah I have heard that as well. All I know is the went undefeated and won their conference. On that alone they should be in. Otherwise, why do we play the games.
Well, it is official. They were left out. I think it is ridiculous, but I may be biased. They won their championship game with a 3rd string true freshman QB against a top 15 opponent. You would think that is enough proof that they should be there. The second string QB would have been back for the playoff game.

Wow! Three unprecedented events happed today. 1. No team ranked No. 1 has ever dropped out of the top 4. 2. No undefeated conference champion has ever been left out of the top 4. 3. No team lower than No. 6 has ever jumped into the top 4. The CFP selection committee is going out with a bang on this, the final season of the 4 team playoffs.

Last edited:
I don’t know if the selection committee was phoning it in or not but this years selection is a farce. You go I defeated, win your conference, you should be in. Otherwise why do you play the game. The question should have been which one loss conference champion should have the last spot.

Try and convince me that college football isn't more concerned about money.

Back