The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Football 2023-2024

Okay @CVargo I know Utah is without their stud QB. But you guys are five games into the season now. Granted Beaver State is looking pretty good right now...I think Utah needs to get it together. But honestly...it's college football, so who knows.

For the rest of you schlubs! What are you watching today? LSU plays Ole Miss at Ole Miss at a oddly scheduled time 5:00 PM central. This probably works out better for me anyway as later start times usually get interrupted with Danger Baby duties and I end up watching the second half of the game on record.

If you are looking for ranked against ranked...not many of them this week...
Kansas @ Texas
LSU @ Ole Miss
Notre Dame @ Duke (boy that is just weird typing out)

But there are some other notable games...

USC @ Colorado ... Can Prime Time get his team together to perform better than they did last week?

Anyway...what are you watching today?

Just saw this...

1696079291140.png

It's laughable that the some of the best coaches in college football have 40 games or less (some less than 30) against ranked teams. Then you look at Nick Saban...with over 100 WINS (not total games played) against ranked opponents. LSU fans have a love-hate relationship with Nick Saban...but it is amazing at the amount of quality wins he has. It is a pleasure just to be able to witness what he has done as a head coach at several prominent D-1 schools.

Sorry been busy the last few weeks!!
OSU still unbeaten not pretty but hope we get better running the ball.
PSU and TTUN look good!!
Long season what a difference next year will be. 12 playoff teams???
Will try to keep up more.
GO BUCKS!!

My Giants rock!
As I recollect, rocks sink to the bottom of the ocean.

Steelers took one from Baltimore. The usual rivalry game, though I saw no deliberate dirty play, unlike years past. When the offense can match the intensity of the defense, we'll get rolling. Young QB, inconsistent offense. We're in first place in the division, but it doesn't feel like it.

I worked a game last night in pouring rain with sleet and hail. Witnessed the most gruesome hit I have ever seen in football. The poor kid was knocked out cold before he hit the ground. This was the one time when we had an ejection for targeting and not one boo in the stadium, or any arguments from coaches.

I worked a game last night in pouring rain with sleet and hail. Witnessed the most gruesome hit I have ever seen in football. The poor kid was knocked out cold before he hit the ground. This was the one time when we had an ejection for targeting and not one boo in the stadium, or any arguments from coaches.
This will be something we should talk about on the show

Back