The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Football 2023-2024

So Baltimore clobbered Houston. Incredibly, I’m rooting for Green Bay to beat SF. SF is the final 5 SB title holder still alive, so they must go. I’m tired of KC winning, so go Buffalo! Ultimately, I hope to see a Detroit - Buffalo SB, with Detroit winning. Got lots of family up there, several in Detroit. The Lions last won an NFL championship in 1957, my birth year. They are due, especially considering all the suffering they have endured and put their fans through. Buffalo has never won a SB, so I suppose they are due too, but I don’t know anyone up there.

Go Lions!

OK, so I finished the weekend at 1-3. Not the results that I hoped for, but if I had to choose one win, it would have been Detroit. I’m very happy for my Michigan cousins whose sports teams have been so disappointing these past several years. If any fan base deserves something to cheer about, it is Michigan’s. Now with the college championship and the Lion’s success, they have that. Go Lions!

Today’s matchups are interesting. In the AFC, I’m looking at two teams that I want to lose. Taking a cue from my son, I’ll root for KC today, but not for the SB. Of course I want the Lions to win today, and also in two weeks.

Go Lions!

So painful to watch though. The Lions have been an absolute wall till now.

There’s a lot of stressed people in my home 😂

Niners v. Chiefs. Rooting for KC, out of AFC loyalty. Go Chiefs!
Sorry Bruce, have to go with the 49'ers, as we discussed on the zoom. I have no real care as mine and your team is not in the big dance. I like the KC Team, however Mahomes is like a spoiled brat, and Kelsey wants to be too much of a Media Star and a wannabe Vanilla Ice, LOL. The 49'ers still bring class, rather than Tiktok Swifty Nation to Football. Yes Kelsey passed Rice, however similar to the Le Bron / Jordan debate Kelsey will never have the class Rice did, and does.

I'm glad we can finally put the "NFL is rigged, just look at the color of the logo" conspiracy to bed.
1706549964015.png

Still rigged. By having KC in the superbowl, you can guarantee all the "Swifties" will watch the superbowl giving them probably highest viewing #s ever.

My family will be going to a college basketball game that day instead of watching the superbowl.

What makes me sad is the caliber of the commercials has dropped to the point it's not even worth watching for those. #bringbacktheclydesdales.

Anyone watching the big game this weekend? Might as well join us for a bingo game, where the calls come from the game itself!

Back