The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

ETHOS Grooming Essentials First Official Release

Hello all..

Orders are on their way and I forgot to mention a couple of things. A couple of the larger orders that didn't fit into my largest shipper box are in one of my Alcame hair product boxes so don't think it's a mistake when it comes to your door without the name ETHOS on it. Also same on the shipping label on all the boxes. My Shipping program is under Alcame Inc. So all the labels will say sent by Alcame Inc. and not ETHOS Grooming Essentials. So I just wanted you all to know that. Also normally when paying by PayPal it comes up at my end as " Print Shipping Label " but I'm using my shipping program instead as it keeps costs down for both of us. Eventually when this situation is better and things get sort of back to normal I'll have a seperate Ship Easy account and Quickbooks system specifically for ETHOS Grooming Essentials so I can generate invoices and shipping labels under the correct name.

I'd also like to thank everyone who ordered from this first release and it went kind of like I thought it would. Pineapple Noir was ordered more than any other scent and I'm glad I made more of all 3 of the Products in that scent than any other scent. Lavender did well also and I'm down to only 24 tubs out of 46 made so I gotta get back to work on that one. Unscented Shave soap was slower to start but I knew that would happen but a good amount of orders for the unscented Skin Food splash were placed and I'm curious to see how many people will put their own scent in them. It's easy to do but I'd suggest if you do add a scent use only between 4 to 6 % EO or Fragrance oil. Add a little at a time. Put the lid back on and shake it up and take a whiff until you get it right where you want it. I've done a few like that for my personal stash. I also got more orders or " put one aside for me " messages on the limited release Mysore Sandal than I thought I would for the first release seeing it's not inexpensive.

Any questions please feel free to pm me, text me or email me.

I'm building my website so any photos or even videos are welcome as I will put some up on the website once it's up and running. I'll also share on social media. I'll also be sending a newsletter out once things get back to normal.

Once again I'd like to thank all the TSC members for their support and putting up with my new to this business mistakes. It is very much appreciated.

Frank! 😊 👍

Last edited:
No fancy pic, but my order came today.
8534066B-AAEA-4ACB-A56A-E3340D028761.jpeg

The Mysore smells very good. Can’t wait to try it. Out of the bottle it smells similar to AoS Sandalwood.

The pineapple Noir is great. Not a sweet pineapple. But a fresh pineapple. The cologne scent that accompanies it is different than Aventus, but it is in that wheelhouse. And Frank included a sample of the lavender skin food as well!

No fancy pic, but my order came today.
View attachment 20246

The Mysore smells very good. Can’t wait to try it. Out of the bottle it smells similar to AoS Sandalwood.

The pineapple Noir is great. Not a sweet pineapple. But a fresh pineapple. The cologne scent that accompanies it is different than Aventus, but it is in that wheelhouse. And Frank included a sample of the lavender skin food as well!

I’m glad you brought up the AOS as their original Sandalwood was Mysore Sandalwood which I loved but then they changed to synthetic when the Mysore prices skyrocketed and became government controlled. I was disappointed as I’m a big fan of Mysore Sandalwood as it’s creamy and not dry like the Australian or others that are much easier to obtain but still very very pricy. I was extremely lucky to have gotten my hands on some and I’m hoping to be able to get more even if it takes months to get it like it did this time. So hope you enjoy the products my friend. Photo looks good to me!

I recieved the Pineapple Noir soap and skin food today also! Frank, all I can say is well done on the scent. My wife kept taking the tub from me to smell it so it is a winner right off the bat! The scent is a very fresh cologne type scent, but also very unique. Also, the Lavender skin food sample you sent is really, really good! I told me wife "sorry but I am ordering this in a few weeks" and luckily she did not protest! I'll be using the Pineapple Noir for "E" day tomorrow. Thanks again and I will be reaching out to you in a couple weeks!

Late to the party Frank but congratulations on the release! These are some fantastic products and will be interested in trying them!

Congratulations, Frank, on what looks like a successful product launch.

9-29-19.Dragonsbeard.Soap&SkinFood.480.JPG

Like many others I've been waiting anxiously patiently hoping to not run out of the original Dragonsbeard, especially the marvelous Skin Food Splash, before the new products became available. The photo shows the full bottle, but it's down to a tiny amount now, and I've been using it only occasionally for some weeks.

Now I have to decide which of your new products to order. I know for sure I want the Sandalwood SFS; would you hold a bottle for me while I figure out what else I will order? Due to sudden economic shifts I've got to be much more careful in my decisions.

Do you have any idea when products scented like the original Dragonsbeard SFS will be available? I'm asking for a friend.

Oh, I saw a Mark's review of the Pineapple Noir Succès Soap and Skin Food Splash on the B&B forum. I doubt most people over there have any idea how to order the new products, but the information will get out as people begin to use and talk about your stuff.

Again, Congratulations!

Happy shaves,

Jim

Back