The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

elmerPHuD's Videos

Nice video Todd. GEM razors are an interesting group for sure. just keep riding the cap and on the upper lip, cross shaving is the way to go. the blade should also calm down after a few shaves as well.

Oh, and my advice Todd...... go out and explore the wonderful world of Avon! They made dozens of scents and hundreds of different shaped decanters. I'm sure there is a decanter out there somewhere that fits in with you, your hobbies, or interests somewhere. And they can be found very cheap if you can find them locally at antique stores or flea markets. Often for $1-$2 a bottle. More on ebay if you're after something specific. After watching you video this morning, I decided to use Avon Bravo after my shave. Still getting whiffs of it throughout the day. Still one of the best aftershaves ever made, Avon really knew what they were doing.

Oh, and my advice Todd...... go out and explore the wonderful world of Avon! They made dozens of scents and hundreds of different shaped decanters. I'm sure there is a decanter out there somewhere that fits in with you, your hobbies, or interests somewhere. And they can be found very cheap if you can find them locally at antique stores or flea markets. Often for $1-$2 a bottle. More on ebay if you're after something specific. After watching you video this morning, I decided to use Avon Bravo after my shave. Still getting whiffs of it throughout the day. Still one of the best aftershaves ever made, Avon really knew what they were doing.
One that has eluded me a you always go on about it. Gonna have to get some 👍

go out and explore the wonderful world of Avon
My Dad still has a bunch of my uncle's Avon decanters. I think some of them are still new in box. My Dad is not most organized person, so some of them are buried deep in boxes in his barn, which is not temp controlled obviously. But my hopes the fact that it is mostly alcohol, the scents will be okay. I am driving down at some point this summer to sort through the boxes. When I was down there a couple of months ago, he gave me a boxed Indian Head decanter with Spice AS.

which is not temp controlled obviously.
Eek! Sunlight and heat are about the only things that can keep those aftershaves from lasting 100 years or more, lol. I have some Avon that's over 60 years old. And I have some vintage Aqua Velva that's nearing 100 years old.

Indian Head decanter with Spice AS.
Spicy is a great scent! It's Avon's take on Shulton Old Spice.

Back