The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

elmerPHuD's Videos

Mercy, you're using enough preshave you don't even need soap! Back to the video..

I hear ya. All my videos are asynchronous. I liked to add a synchronous component to them. Good to see you able to put out more videos. Even if it mean we need to lay off the production crew!

Here is a video from last summer in my pre-Cadre days. I recall some of my memories of the barbershop of my childhood (from 9:05 to 16:12 in the video - the link should take you right to the 9:05 mark.) I just remembered the other day there was also a shoe shine stand (or whatever you call them) but no one was ever using it.

Nice videos Todd! Just out of curiosity, how prominent was the rose in the Tombstone soap? I have two of their PAA CK-6 soaps and I really like that base and the Tombstone scent profile is intriguing.

Oooo, I’m not an Aqua Velva man, but looking forward to watching this tomorrow.

Sounds like some good things coming down the pipeline there Todd! It probably was a happy accident most of the shave got cut out, helped keep it focused a little more on just the Aqua Velva.

Great job!

Hey Todd. Nice video. A few comments.

With regard to the plastic bottles. Not all bottles degrade the contents. The nice clear crisp plastic bottles that AV come in work nicely, and I’ve never noticed any degradation over time. Clubman however..... their bottles are the worst. It’s a very soft plastic, and you can smell the chemicals in the plastic just from the outside of the bottle. When I decanted my pinaud aftershaves into glass I transferred all my labels over by putting hot water into the bottle to soften the label glue. The hot water softened up the plastic too, enough to turn it cloudy and deform it. Yikes!

the sample I sent you was actually purchased at Walgreens here on the US. It was a one-off that they did for Christmas A few years ago in a gift box. But it is the same as the stuff from Canada. Pics below. Also, you can toss that plastic under the cap, that was just to prevent leaking during transit.
Also, although I have not tried the Spanish version, I have a hunch that it is closer to the vintage blue Aqua Velva. When they reformulated it and made it dark blue it became much more sharp scented than its predecessor.

4276C046-FBA9-45B8-96D0-8FE8F5013477.jpegFF53E7F6-E63D-4C90-B8CA-86DFF4F173E4.jpeg1BD86204-6972-4DFA-8337-C104D9A83873.jpeg

Back