The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

elmerPHuD's Videos

elmerPHuD

Shave Member
In this first shave of 2020, I use products that smell old school to me. I start with 3P pre-shave and then shave with the RazoRock SLOC, Maggard's London Barbershop soap, and a Semogue 1305 boar brush. For the post-shave I use Thayers Medicated Witch Hazel, Myrsol Antesol splash, and Proraso White balm.

Ugh.... I didn't realize Thayers Medicated was discontinued. I've been needing to buy another bottle.... 😲 :oops::cry:

Nice shave Todd!

Thayer’s Medicated is the only non-generic witch hazel product I’ve ever bought, bummer! Guess I’d better savor the bottle I have!

Very nice walk through on the scent differences between the different products. I haven't tried the balm or EDT yet. It's been way too long since I broke out the Tabac. I think I know what I'll be using for tomorrow's shave. You might just like Tabacaveg.

This guy must be a teacher, his video came with a syllabus! Back to the video...

Dude! That’s high production stuff right there. Puts most of us to same!

Nice job yet again Todd!

I do happen to like both the performance and scent of a Tabac puck...it’s easily one of, if not the, kings of classic soaps. However the missus hates it...

Very nice walk through on the scent differences between the different products. I haven't tried the balm or EDT yet. It's been way too long since I broke out the Tabac. I think I know what I'll be using for tomorrow's shave. You might just like Tabacaveg.
Thank you sir! To me the EDC is better than the EDT. Do you mean the Tabacaveg from CBL?

Nice job yet again Todd!

I do happen to like both the performance and scent of a Tabac puck...it’s easily one of, if not the, kings of classic soaps. However the missus hates it...
Truth be told, I only use it when I am not going to be leaving the house immediately after. I have grown to love the scent, but it's polarizing, so I try not to expose the public to it. 😀

Back