The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Dragonsbeard Soap and Skin Food Splash Pass Around

ok never mind then all i knew was the list i was told to copy and paste and to add to. sorry... i will make it easy.... I'm Not in.. thanks anyway.....

Copy and paste from my journal...I have to say that I am impressed with this soap so far. Mostly for the post shave feel. It is just different than most other soaps I have tried.

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Super Max Platinum Plus (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Ethos Grooming Essentials - Dragonsbeard
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Ultimate Aftershave: Ethos Grooming Essentials - Dragonsbeard

1576331711102.png

First go of the Dragonsbeard Soap and Aftershave that @Dragonsbeard donated for a pass around. You can find that thread here: Dragonsbeard Soap and Skin Food Splash Pass Around

First the Scent....I dig it. I dig it a lot. It's that warn sensual type of scent that is manly without being overly masculine. A bit sweet but mostly a warm spice! There is a fair amount of Oud and Agar in it with some vanilla and sandalwood. There are other things also.

The soap itself is not too thirsty and lathers very well. It goes on the face evenly and creamy! Nice and rich. Not overly thick but very rich. It's hard to describe but it just feels nice on the skin. It's not overly thirsty either. I will say that I have had slicker soaps, but this one is slick enough also. Plenty of cushion and protection during the shave. Ended up with a DFS+ and the face feels super smooth.

As the shave is now settling in I am beginning to think that the post shave on this soap is phenomenal! But the post shave feel is something different! It's hard to describe...but it doesn't feel topical at all. It feels like my skin is being nourished not on top of my skin...but in my skin. Like I said. Not sure how to describe it.

A few splashes of the aftershave and again...a whole different experience with aftershave. Most aftershaves leave your face at least a little wet upon application. This one seems to absorb into the skin almost immediately. The face doesn't feel wet or tacky in mere seconds after application. Seriously this stuff is great feeling!.

I am reserving final judgement until after a second shave with this soap. But so far I am a big fan.

I am working on a video so stay tuned.

ok never mind then all i knew was the list i was told to copy and paste and to add to. sorry... i will make it easy.... I'm Not in.. thanks anyway.....

I think one of the members might have copied the short list that was up near the the beginning of where the thread and list started. I really want you to sign up so just put it at the end.
Thank you!

And...here...we...go!

WOW all I can say is thank you for the excellent video. Love the humor and your explanation of the DB Soap and Skin Food splash. The fact you picked up on not only the scent but you picked up on a couple of things that tell me that some of my goals when developing and formulating the ingredients are working as planned. When you noticed what you called " Creamy feeling " is coming not only from the soap base and the other oils, butters etc. but more from the Sheep & Camel milk which are in there at a higher than normal amount. Both very good for the skin in so many ways I could write a paragraph about each but won't bore anyone. The EOS Complex was developed with a whole lot of what are known to be a active ingredients that do not to lay on the skin's surface as personally I don't like a sticky or greasy post shave feeling. Both the DB soap and Skin food Splash will have slight upgrades in the Beta version without losing the DNA of this first version.

Also my friend I can help you with skin stretching as I actually developed a technique a couple of years ago based on Str8 razor shaving but modified it to work with DE and SE razors. I can post up some images in another thread once I get a little time on the board. I call or refer to it as the SSSST which stands for Skin Stretch Short Stroke Technique and there's a fun story behind how I came up with it I'll also share.

Thanks again for your support..It is very much appreciated as I'm a new brand and I'm as normal having some growing pains with getting my website up and timing releases of new products but I've been at product development and manufacturing personal care products for over 27 yrs so I know I'll get them worked out shortly because consistency and longevity is very important to me.

Great Shaves! 🙂 👍

Frank

I think one of the members might have copied the short list that was up near the the beginning of where the thread and list started. I really want you to sign up so just put it at the end.
Thank you!
thanks i think im probably gonna do the library passaround so i dont want a lot going on at once and like i told spider i have tried the soap already but not the AS so i guess its not that big of a deal. i would liked to have tried it but im gonna wait.

okay so is this the list?
1. dangerousdon - currently in posession.
2. The Monkey
3. dkeester
4 ED3054
5. ShawnF
6. Majorrich
7. Milkcrate
8. Techihci
9. Uacowboy
10.Bill in Oneida

who is it on currently?

Last edited:
who is it on currently?
[/QUOTE]
thanks so #1 has it so if each person were to have it a week then im looking @ about the end of Feb..?.....
Sounds about right. By then I’ll probably have the beta version out and I’ll probably send one off to compare to the current one.

Don't worry...I won't keep it a week. I'm likely to get this out either on Monday or Tuesday. Then hopefully to @The Monkey in his mail box no later than Friday!

who is it on currently?

Don't worry...I won't keep it a week. I'm likely to get this out either on Monday or Tuesday. Then hopefully to @The Monkey in his mail box no later than Friday!
[/QUOTE]
I was just guessing that if each took a week then it would be around feb which is fine since im in No rush at all.... Enjoy it.

Not a copy and paste from my journal this time... 🤪

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Super Max Platinum Plus (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Ethos Grooming Essentials - Dragonsbeard
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Lavender Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Ethos Grooming Essentials - Dragonsbeard

Okay...so second shave with Dragonsbeard Soap and Aftershave or Skin Food Splash. I should probably call it skin food splash because this acts differently than an aftershave. So the shave went much the same as last time. There isn't anything in this soap and skin food that I don't like...so that is a really good thing. There are some things that are work a bit better than others, but overall...each individual component of theses products is definitely above average. Let me try to walk you through the shave...

SOAP

Strength of Scent Out of Tub - Like I mentioned before...the scent out of the tub is light but is there.

Latherability - This soap is pretty easy to lather. Requires a little bit of water...but I would say this soap is somewhere just south of thirsty.

Slickness - I have had slicker soaps, but this one is definitely slick enough. With a couple more uses I might change my mind. But after two shaves...this is where I am.

In Shave Protection - Dragonsbeard is among the best when it comes to in shave protection. I feel like this soap gives superior cushion in the shave.

In Shave Scent - The scent does get stronger in the shave. Not too strong...but pronounced and sustained through the shave.

Residual Slickness - If there is a week spot in this soap it is in residual slickness. Normally a soap of this caliber will have incredible residual slickness, but Dragonsbeard, while not bad, isn't what I was expecting. The residual slickness is still better than most soaps out there, just not as good as some of my favorites...HOWEVER...

Post Shave Feel - when we talk about residual slickness...it usually correlates to Post Shave Feel. This is the first soap where the residual slickness was much different than post shave feel. The post shave feel is so much different than other soaps...in a really good way! My face feels smooth and even. I know...this sounds weird. The skin is plenty moisturized without seeming tacky. My face throughout the day kept feeling nice and smooth...ALL DAY! As I said last time, the post shave feel is different. It feels like the moisturizing properties actually get into the skin instead of sitting on top. I give this aspect maybe the best marks of any soap I have tried.

AFTERSHAVE

Strength of Scent - I definitely wouldn't put the SoS on this in the category of Fine Santal Absolut. It's definitely not that strong. It's definitely pronounced at first application...but dries tones down significantly afterwards. I think if you have a similar EdP or EdT you could wear this. My skin chemistry seems to keep the scents of aftershaves and frags longer throughout the day longer than most though. Which brings me to my next point...THERE NEEDS TO BE AN EDT or EDP of this scent! Frank...I am looking at you!

Aftershave effect - This does the job of an aftershave. A little sting but then soothing.

Moisturizing Effect - Here is where the aftershave is different than others. Upon application this Skin Food Splash immediately starts to absorb in. By the time I have applied...the face is hardly even damp. It almost absorbs immediately! But it leaves your skin feeling very refreshed and again..."smooth and even" feeling.

Throughout the day - The aftershave is really a compliment to the soap in a big way. It just adds to overall experience.

FINAL THOUGHTS

So I am definitely a soap and aftershave guy. I like them...and often I like them to match. I would definitely buy this soap and aftershave together because I think they both compliment each other. That being said...I think the soap really stands on it's own and I can understand if one just purchases the soap alone. The Soap is that good! Seriously though Frank...you need to make an EdT for this scent...it's amazing!

Thank You in a big way for letting me try this. I really appreciate it. I will get this packaged up today and then in the mail likely tomorrow and off to @The Monkey ! @Dragonsbeard I'll send you the tracking number as soon as I get one! Thanks again!

Back