The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Dragonsbeard Soap and Skin Food Splash Pass Around

from what i understand he shipped it to... But when he sent me a message about it he addressed me as jerry so we will see what happens.
i meant he notified me he had shipped it to me. but when he sent me a message about it he addressed me as jerry so we will see what happens... I hope it gets here.

First shave. Sorry if I ramble a bit in the write up and am a bit quiet in the video. Haven't had my coffee yet.

20200125_041149.jpg

First shave with the Dragonsbeard passaround. I really like the scent of this soap. From the tub it is relatively lightly scented and it lightened more once lathered. The splash is much stronger and really nice scent wise. I don't normally bowl lather so I think I stopped adding water slightly before I should have but it still had good slickness for a SR shave. Almost no residual slickness was present today. The soap didn't seem particularly thirsty to me and lathered really well. Had tons of lather that was very stable and didn't dry out and rinsed very cleanly. Due I think to being slightly less hydrated than it should have been my face felt slightly rough/irritated but after a lather soak with what i had left after the shave left my face feeling pretty good. I waited a few minutes before using the splash and almost felt like I didn't need it. When I did use it, the splash absorbed immediately leaving my face feeling well hydrated but not at all greasy or sticky. Just smooth and clean.

Good Stuff Kyle! From the look of your lather I think you could have benefited from more water. But you already knew that. I am not sure it would help with the residual slickness though. My theory is that the soap has a lot really good stuff in it lick the aftershave splash. The aftershave really soaks in immediately! So I think that a lot of those same ingredients don't allow for residual slickness in the soap. Looking forward to more thoughts from you!

Good Stuff Kyle! From the look of your lather I think you could have benefited from more water. But you already knew that. I am not sure it would help with the residual slickness though. My theory is that the soap has a lot really good stuff in it lick the aftershave splash. The aftershave really soaks in immediately! So I think that a lot of those same ingredients don't allow for residual slickness in the soap. Looking forward to more thoughts from you!
that's kinda what i was thinking too. assuming i have time tomorrow morning i will do another video and be sure to add more water.

WEST
3. dkeester - completed
4 ED3054 - completed
6. Milkcrate - completed
7. Techihci - completed

8. Uacowboy - In Possession

EAST
5. Majorrich - completed
9.Bill in Oneida - In Possession
10. Jaro106 - On Deck
11. Smattayu
12. Spider

Should i send this on to Eric or Spider once i'm done or somewhere else?

WEST
3. dkeester - completed
4 ED3054 - completed
6. Milkcrate - completed
7. Techihci - completed

EAST
5. Majorrich - completed
9.Bill in Oneida - In Possession
10. Jaro106 - On Deck
11. Smattayu
12. Spider

Should i send this on to Eric or Spider once i'm done or somewhere else?
I would say send to Eric as he's next on the list.

WEST
3. dkeester - completed
4 ED3054 - completed
6. Milkcrate - completed
7. Techihci - completed

9. Smattayu

EAST
5. Majorrich - completed
9.Bill in Oneida - Completed
10. Jaro106 - Awaiting
11. Spider

WEST
3. dkeester - completed
4 ED3054 - completed
6. Milkcrate - completed
7. Techihci - completed

9. Smattayu

EAST
5. Majorrich - completed
9.Bill in Oneida - Completed
10. Jaro106 - Awaiting
11. Spider
So it looks like @Smattayu moved to the other coast in this pass around? I got it a few minutes ago so @Spider I will need you to PM me your info as the package I got from you doesnt have a return address on it so I don't already have your info... Thanks..

Back