The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Dragonsbeard Soap and Skin Food Splash Pass Around

Looks high class. (y)
Thank you some look more earthy like this one which I have to change the name on as I’m not using just pure vanilla but layering some other notes over it as it’s not strong enough on its own. I was very disappointed as I’ve always wanted a pure vanilla soap but without using synthetic Vanilla it’s pretty much impossible. So the challenge of finding some notes to layer over it. This label will be in the Afrika Collection where the featured ingredients are indigenous to the African continent. Labels almost complete.

FFB447B1-28A9-416C-998C-5482E33CC41A.jpeg

Guaranteed winner when the Noir name is attached to it...just sayin...any chance we could ditch that extraneous space character? PineappleNoir? :cool:

Thank you
You like PineappleNior better? No seriously the labels haven’t been made yet so anything is possible. I’m just curious why make it all one word? I’d Like to know your thoughts behind this request? At this point I’m very open to suggestions.

Thank you
You like PineappleNior better? No seriously the labels haven’t been made yet so anything is possible. I’m just curious why make it all one word? I’d Like to know your thoughts behind this request? At this point I’m very open to suggestions.
I suspect this was so it looks more like his name. lol @GearNoir can be pretty vain sometimes. part of his teenage youth i'm sure 😜

Hi Dave
Yes Success will be the first Scent going into the Niche Boutique Collection which is a collection that will contain/features fragrance or aroma boutique type cologne scents only. The scent of Success is what I’m calling Pineapple Noir. It’s not a sweet Pineapple or real fruity. To me is a clean scent. It has a new ingredient in it that’s pure dried Pineapple powder in it which has healing properties to it so it should help with irritation and redness. It will also contain a healthy dose of sheep’s milk and it will have my new grass fed beef tallow and Duck fat base. I like the scent so much I’m already thinking of other products to put it in. It’s definitely a more complex cologne type scent that is light and clean In my opinon.

VERY INTERESTED!!!!

Late to the party, as I’ve been down with the flu.

An artisan product is a new trendy name, but is simply means someone, or a product, that has been made by hand. The converse to that is a commercial product, which is made in mass quantity by assembly line and machines. I’ve never viewed artisan as a title. Now if someone makes an artisan product and it’s at the top of the heap, I would consider them a skilled artisan.

Like others have said, it’s just a word, if you remove it it makes no difference. But your product will still be listed among other artisan brands.

Regarding the logo, what’s AE have to do with ETHOS? I’d not use that because there is already a brand with those initials, so people already refer to A&E or AE soaps.

Regarding the logo, what’s AE have to do with ETHOS? I’d not use that because there is already a brand with those initials, so people already refer to A&E or AE soaps.
we are down to 3 choices. A E for ETHOS, A globe 🌏 or a Dragon. All in a small circle.
I think the meaning is:
"we are down to 3 choices: 1. E for ETHOS, 2. A globe or 3. A dragon. All in a small circle."

I think the meaning is:
"we are down to 3 choices: 1. E for ETHOS, 2. A globe or 3. A dragon. All in a small circle."
Yes, I got it after Shawn’s clarification. For a second I thought AE as in like AETHOS, like maybe that’s how it was supposed to be pronounced. I see he meant to say “an E”. You can go back to ignoring me now. I’m still sick, so just disregard my gibberish.

Thanks Dave for the kind words but as I said I've never been good with having titles where I adorn myself. I guess if others refer to me as an artisan at some point I could accept that much better than me stating it about myself on the label of my products. Hope you all understand.

🙂 (y)
I hereby dub thee Artisan!

ViciousLargeErmine-size_restricted.gif

Problem solved. :p

In all seriousness though, I understand exactly what you're talking about. As others have said, it is just a word. Your products will stand on their own merits regardless of what titles or wording you put on the label. Though I'd stay away from "miasma" or "odoriferous"...

Thank you
Yea I was just makin a joke. Probably better if you didn’t do it 😂

Yes, I got it after Shawn’s clarification. For a second I thought AE as in like AETHOS, like maybe that’s how it was supposed to be pronounced. I see he meant to say “an E”. You can go back to ignoring me now. I’m still sick, so just disregard my gibberish.

Feel better my friend! Seems like the whole country has a cold, bronchitis or the flu.

There goes your "Bragging Rights" right out the window 🤪 :confused:

Yep it sure did! I should have listened to Will at B&M when he told me Frankie it’s impossible to do! Of course I had to find out for myself and darn now I can’t call him and say Haha I did it!! 😡

Well at least I can use it as my base as I mentioned and I can put it in products that don’t get heated up to high temps. Made a quick body wash with it just as a test and it smells great especially in a hot shower with the steam.

WEST
3. dkeester - completed
4 ED3054 - completed
6. Milkcrate - completed
7. Techihci - completed

8. Uacowboy - en route

EAST
5. Majorrich - completed
9.Bill in Oneida - In Possession
10. Jaro106 - On Deck
11. Smattayu
12. Spider