The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Dragonsbeard Soap and Skin Food Splash Pass Around

Razor: Blackland Vector / Schick Pro line 30
Soap: Dragons Beard
Scuttle: Captains Choice
Strop:
Brush: Techichi The Hive
AS/EdT: Dragons Beard

Comments: Tomorrow looks to be a very busy day so am doing tomorrow’s shave tonight. Also as I have many new toys to put into play, just hadda do it! I did record the shave, but once again I confused my record and stop button so recorded no shaving bits.

The Hardware: Getting to know the Vector as it works on my face and I am continuing to be astounded with this razor! With DE’s and my Schicks it’s easy to traverse my chin and lower lip. With the Vector the additional width can cause binding and possible nicks.

The Software: Something very familiar and ‘comfortable‘ about the fragrance. The Oud is forward, but there is something else and I wish I hadnt already packaged the goods up. The spouse unit likes it so it’s good by me. My water is pretty hard with a lot of limestone in it. I tested the water band using the “Josh method” and ran out of nerve before I could break the lather. I nearly ran out of bowl! The matching aftershave complements the soap very well and Mama even tested a bit on her wrist. It smells nice on her too!

The Shave: Again I am struck slack-jawed from the first stroke with this razor! I will swap in a Feather next time to see how it compares. Soon the Schick and the Vector are gonna have to have a showdown.

Last edited:
Razor: Blackland Vector / Schick Pro line 30
Soap: Dragons Beard
Scuttle: Captains Choice
Strop:
Brush: Techichi The Hive
AS/EdT: Dragons Beard

Comments: Tomorrow looks to be a very busy day so am doing tomorrow’s shave tonight. Also as I have many new toys to put into play, just hadda do it! I did record the shave, but once again I confused my record and stop button so recorded no shaving bits.

The Hardware: Getting to know the Vector as it works on my face and I am continuing to be astounded with this razor! With DE’s and my Schicks it’s easy to traverse my chin and lower lip. With the Vector the additional width can cause binding and possible nicks.

The Software: Something very familiar and ‘comfortable‘ about the fragrance. The Oud is forward, but there is something else and I wish I hadnt already packaged the goods up. The spouse unit likes it so it’s good by me. My water is pretty hard with a lot of limestone in it. I tested the water band using the “Josh method” and ran out of nerve before I could break the lather. I nearly ran out of bowl! The matching aftershave complements the soap very well and Mama even tested a bit on her wrist. It smells nice on her too!

The Shave: Again I am struck slack-jawed from the first stroke with this razor! I will swap in a Feather next time to see how it compares. Soon the Schick and the Vector are gonna have to have a showdown.

Thank for the review and you mention the scent is Oud forward but there's something else. Here's all the scent ingredients so the list may help you figure out what else your nose is picking up. . Oud Resin, Agarwood oil, Amber, Rose Absolute, East Indian Sandalwood oil and Madagascar Vanilla bean oil

I’ve been reading the reviews of the soap and splash and they sound outstanding. Is it too late to get in on the pass around?

I don’t see why not. We have two packages out it looks like. I’ll be sending the one i have to Bill in Oneida Monday. There is plenty in there for generous samples along the way. Looks like you would come after Spider on the east package.

I think these are the current lists:

WEST
3. dkeester - complete
4 ED3054 - complete

6. Milkcrate - In possession
7. Techihci -west
8. Uacowboy -west

EAST
5. Majorrich - In possession
9.Bill in Oneida - east
10. Jaro106 - east
11. Spider - east

@Smattayu

WEST
3. dkeester - complete
4 ED3054 - complete

6. Milkcrate - In possession
7. Techihci -west - on deck
8. Uacowboy -west

EAST
5. Majorrich - completed and preparing to mail
9.Bill in Oneida - east - on deck
10. Jaro106 - east
11. Spider - east
12. Smattayu

Packaged up and sent out to @Techichi. List updated.

WEST
3. dkeester - completed
4 ED3054 - completed
6. Milkcrate - completed

7. Techihci -west - In route
8. Uacowboy -west

EAST
5. Majorrich - completed and preparing to mail
9.Bill in Oneida - east - on deck
10. Jaro106 - east
11. Spider - east
12. Smattayu

WEST
3. dkeester - completed
4 ED3054 - completed
6. Milkcrate - completed

7. Techihci -west - In route
8. Uacowboy -west

EAST
5. Majorrich - completed
9.Bill in Oneida - east - en route
10. Jaro106 - east
11. Spider - east
12. Smattayu

WEST
3. dkeester - completed
4 ED3054 - completed
6. Milkcrate - completed

7. Techihci - En route
8. Uacowboy

EAST
5. Majorrich - completed
9.Bill in Oneida - En route
10. Jaro106
11. Smattayu
12. Spider

Eric can go before me, he’s closer to Jimmy anyway.

WEST
3. dkeester - completed
4 ED3054 - completed
6. Milkcrate - completed

7. Techihci - En route
8. Uacowboy

EAST
5. Majorrich - completed
9.Bill in Oneida - En route
10. Jaro106
11. Smattayu
12. Spider

Eric can go before me, he’s closer to Jimmy anyway.
Thanks KJ!

Back