The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

You are right...those were perfect choices for an absolutely great shave! Don't fret over the changes at your work. Sounds like it is all part of a greater plan to get you to a place where you need to be. Keep doing what you are doing and I am sure everything will fall into place! I'll say a prayer for you and hopefully your decisions will be easy ones!

Yesterday’s SOTD was a quick one and cut short by the blade being flat worn out.

ED3481F5-D169-4D17-9C44-0B1C920849B9.jpeg
Didn’t realize the pic cut off the soap but it was the sample of Cherry City shave Pineapple Slush I got in the package with the anniversary brush.

Well on the job lead front I have a meeting scheduled Monday evening with the owner and his daughter whom I believe is his exit strategy as far as taking over when he retires. If this pans out it should give me longer term stability since my current job’s owner doesn’t have a real viable option for leaving the business once he retires. His kids are all very successful in other areas of the world. I’m hoping that it pans out but if not then I am not really out anything other than the time I took to at least hear them out.

Took a swing for the fences tonight and chased the dolphins! I caught one and it allowed me to stay smooth just like its baby. The quality of shave I get from tonight’s razor is just simply unrivaled by any other DE tech in this modern time imho. A fresh Astra SP blade suds whipped with my Paladin PK-47 and Mystic Water was the artisan of choice Irish Traveller scent to fit right in with our Spring/Easter theme. Topped of with Black Ship “Phillip’s Fougere” splash.
0C7A0282-EB74-42BF-AD6F-A6D01F97085E.jpeg

Thanks for reading folks! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Woke up fixed the boys some breakfast put on a pair of shorts and a tee and then several firehose spritzes of Penhaligon’s English Fern then took the family to see Captain Marvel and got ice cream at Baskin Robbins. It’s been a fabulous day! Now I’m gonna get busy with a Larceny then some Redemption! Anyone joining a Easter service tomorrow morning? I plan to attend with the majority of my family anyone who happens to be traveling this way and no place to visit a service is welcome to join me. Please folks remember that it is about more than a Bunny to the Christian world if you are not a believer then please accept my apology if I offend you in my journal posts! Thanks for reading folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you today and every day!

Preparing for worship tomorrow and I wanted a Springtime shave that just hit on all cylinders. Put the R6 plate on my 6c gunmetal Rockwell and a Blade I had never tried before but some have said they were nice. Nice is a vast understatement at this point but all I can say is wow! This May be the best blade I’ve ever stuck in this razor the kind that just makes you HCDSBBSG and gives you a top 10 level shave result in 3 passes with no cleanup and zero burn from alum or Splash. This Sorrentino Boar is also a stellar lather whipper and it is the first Boar knot Eric ever set in a handle! I love me a Hog hair bristle brush for sure and had I not found quality Badger knots the Boars would be my only natural hair brushes! Thanks for reading folks! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you and please take a few minutes at least to celebrate the death, burial and resurrection
that gives the world salvation tomorrow.

8C2D639F-A556-44D1-8C39-60130F7CE2AA.jpeg

Woke up fixed the boys some breakfast put on a pair of shorts and a tee and then several firehose spritzes of Penhaligon’s English Fern then took the family to see Captain Marvel and got ice cream at Baskin Robbins. It’s been a fabulous day! Now I’m gonna get busy with a Larceny then some Redemption! Anyone joining a Easter service tomorrow morning? I plan to attend with the majority of my family anyone who happens to be traveling this way and no place to visit a service is welcome to join me. Please folks remember that it is about more than a Bunny to the Christian world if you are not a believer then please accept my apology if I offend you in my journal posts! Thanks for reading folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you today and every day!

Now that is a Day! And believe me brother...you ain't going to offend anyone around these parts!

Back