The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Great stuff TJ!! have to wonder if SWMBO approved of Aventus or not! I know mine is not the biggest fan of it at all.

Great stuff TJ!! have to wonder if SWMBO approved of Aventus or not! I know mine is not the biggest fan of it at all.

she said it smelled good but she like GTB and Kenneth Cole RSVP better. wait til i use the Carven Vetiver cologne i got as well and she should love that one.

8/14/18

Well today was awesome! I say through a rather lengthy mid morning-mid afternoon meeting that encompassed lunch. The entire meeting was about drones and the use to benefit the agricultural marketplace and the agricultural industries as a whole. The best part was I got to fly the dang thing. Then I came home and had supper with my family and a family of really good friends. (The other match to my wife’s new tat).

Then my SOTD

?????I thought I grabbed the cypress & vetiver proraso But if I had looked at my photo before I shaved I would have seen it was the Lime. Either way I think this Flying Wing is my least favorite of the Micromatic GEMs. Then the Fine Fresh Vetiver and followed by the Carven Vetiver scent. Needless to say DFS and a very very nice scent profile!

Have a wonderful Wednesday folks! Thanks for reading and following along. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my friends.

Nice shave and read. I still need to try the new Proraso offerings.

Nice shave and read. I still need to try the new Proraso offerings.
Mine too. But it’s been years since I’ve used any besides the MMOC. I should probably go through them again soon.

Thanks for reading guys. Chad i haven't tried the regular Proraso but i did a cream showdown a while back not sure if it was here or at the other place and the only cream that scored better than the single blade line was AoS and that stuff is just stellar from every angle. Stone Cottage has a new formula cream that is equally as good as the Proraso SB line also

Having never used a cream, I'm curious if there's any reason to choose a cream over a soap or vice versa. I just always buy soaps because that's what I'm used to. I remember you had a rough time with PdP 63 cream, but not the soap. I think.

Having never used a cream, I'm curious if there's any reason to choose a cream over a soap or vice versa.

In terms of shave, I don’t feel so. For me it just adds to the variety and in general creams are a step or two easier to load and lather.

Having never used a cream, I'm curious if there's any reason to choose a cream over a soap or vice versa. I just always buy soaps because that's what I'm used to. I remember you had a rough time with PdP 63 cream, but not the soap. I think.

My issue with the PdP 63 cream was at first i didn't know it was brushless. Once i figured that out it is rarely ever used. I enjoy the creams on occasion just to add a bit of variety and you don't load the brush just squirt or scoop a dollop into my bowl and start making lather quickly.

In terms of shave, I don’t feel so. For me it just adds to the variety and in general creams are a step or two easier to load and lather.

What Chris said!

8/15/18

I am dubbing this shave as “INSPIRATION”

Before showcasing my SOTD photo let be background tonight a bit. Dave of the nurse variety gave me a pick of DR Harris Windsor a while back and I really like it and got an ok lather from it. I recently watched a video from Chris of the black gears type that I picked up on a few pointers that maybe make the Harris lather better. Then I thought of ol’ Spidey KJ and decided to give Aqua Velva Ice Blue a shot at splash player tonight. I am not 100% which person to attribute me being tempted by the Stirling Badger brush but since Clyde got me hooked with Stirling brushes I’ll blame him for the sudsmaker tonight. But the star and I mean king of tonight’s shave I have to give credit to our very own blind ref Chad. I was inspired by his viewpoint that carts weren’t all that bad in his work trip motel shave videos so I decided to put a fresh blade on mine and see if proper prep works for me too.

SOTD:

While not as good as my DE, SE, or SR razors this will work if I have to use it. Just no canned goo like I had to endure on my last vacation.
Thanks for reading everyone, have a wonderful day tomorrow. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my friends.

Oh man! Great shout out shave TJ! I hope the DR Harris tips worked out for you, the soap really is pretty decent if you can hit just the right amount of water.

It’s funny you mention Chad’s travel videos from the last few days. He had me thinking about revisiting a cart too, from the shaves he’s been getting!

Good stuff!

Well my third use today wasn't as good. The carts just don't last as long as DE, SE, or *feather artist* blades.

Back