The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

BBS +++++ and now I smell like English Fern.
Actually, Irish Traveler is a remake of Green Irish Tweed, which is not the same as English Fern.

Thanks to this post, I pulled out my Irish Traveler today and had a great shave! Thanks TJ!

Actually, Irish Traveler is a remake of Green Irish Tweed, which is not the same as English Fern.

Thanks to this post, I pulled out my Irish Traveler today and had a great shave! Thanks TJ!

yep Green Irish tweed soap but Pens English Fern was my cologne of choice to match

8/12/18

Pulled out a bit of the seldom used soap and splash tonight. Fine Santal Absolut!

i actually really like the scent on this one. It is woody without being obscene in that direction. And Fine splashes are really good juice.

SOTD:

This Omega boar needs a bit more breaking in and it will be a really really nice brush. I have another brush ordered with a really similar knot to this one so we shall see what the comparison is. Also have a High Mountain White knot being put in a handle as well and I am super stoked about that one. After those two I most likely will be done buying brushes for a bit. Also I did finally find a real MMOC and a MMFW that should be here sometime this week. Hopefully I can manage to score some of that new Lisa’s stuff this week and then all can be quiet on my end for a bit with the mail calls. The boss is starting to wonder if there is going to be a dimensional break in the universe with what I’ve been buying up lately.

Have a magnificent Monday folks. Thanks for reading and commenting. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my friends.

Fine Santal Absolut!

i actually really like the scent on this one. It is woody without being obscene in that direction. And Fine splashes are.....
Dang, you almost had me with that description. But Fine’s are just too basic for me. No good skin additives. Meh.

Great shave TJ!

Okay my mind is not functioning or I just don't know, what is a MMOC and a MMFW?

I was considering that pair you got I think because of all the discussion on them lately. Concerns held me back because I thought my wife might have similar thoughts as yours. Nice shave

Good stuff TJ...I LOVE that fine Santal Absolut...and I have some of the original tallow based AoS sandalwood soap...yup...it's a spot on match according to my sniffer.

But Fine’s are just too basic for me. No good skin additives. Meh.

I know that there isn't that much in the way of skin food in these...but for some reason...they just really agree with my skin.

Great shave TJ!

Okay my mind is not functioning or I just don't know, what is a MMOC and a MMFW?

Micromatic GEM razors. MMOC = micromatic open comb and MMFW = micromatic flying wing. KJ did an awesome info thread in the SE section on those. i thought i had the open comb but it was actually a clog pruf. so i found the two micromatics i was missing

Some nice art work....

Mystic Water's Irish Traveller is a wonderful scent, and one that stands on its own, IMHO. It's close to Creed's GIT, but not quite a clone. The soap that is the closest to duplicating GIT, that I've tried yet, is WSP's Gaelic Tweed Formula T.....

Ah yes, Fine Santal Absolut aftershave! Spot on with AoS Sandalwood's scent, and I totally dig it! This particular Fine a/s is probably the strongest scented one in their line up, IMHO.

Some nice art work....

Mystic Water's Irish Traveller is a wonderful scent, and one that stands on its own, IMHO. It's close to Creed's GIT, but not quite a clone. The soap that is the closest to duplicating GIT, that I've tried yet, is WSP's Gaelic Tweed Formula T.....

Ah yes, Fine Santal Absolut aftershave! Spot on with AoS Sandalwood's scent, and I totally dig it! This particular Fine a/s is probably the strongest scented one in their line up, IMHO.

I have the Gaelic Tweed in a he rustic version its good stuff too

8/13/18

Well a very nice turn of events today and I got a bit of a surprise. Everything in my shave is new to me except the brush and blade. The rest well the soap and splash is a new scent in a base I like a lot and the cologne was a gift so I have been jonesing on it for a bit. Now I actually can say with fact thanks to our friendly neighborhood Spider that tonight I’m using a MMOC!

This scent is special to say the least and extremely polarizing. I wonder if the boss thinks this one is just “nice”. We shall see.

Thanks for following along folks have a wonderful day tomorrow. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

The second I saw your pic I thought “I didn’t know you had Creed!” That’s some top shelf stuff right there.

....This scent is special to say the least and extremely polarizing....

There are always frags that some folk like and some don't, but I've never thought of Creed Aventus as "polarizing". It's excellent juice in my book!
1f44d.png

There are always frags that some folk like and some don't, but I've never thought of Creed Aventus as "polarizing". It's excellent juice in my book!
1f44d.png

i guess scents for me at least is I either dig it or I don’t same with razors and brushes. The ones I don’t like go in the pif box. Those I do get used however some way less frequently than they used to because I’ve accumulated so dang many.

Now I actually can say with fact thanks to our friendly neighborhood Spider that tonight I’m using a MMOC!
Excellent! Hope you enjoy it!

There are always frags that some folk like and some don't, but I've never thought of Creed Aventus as "polarizing".
I was never into frags, until very recently. I never knew about Creed or realized that so many things out there were clones of creed. I just recently learned that Fine Platinum was a clone. It’s probably the only one I’ve smelled, in passing. Sniffed it at a store and just thought, meh. Didn’t really know what it was supposed to smell like. Maybe I need to explore these more.

Back