The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Congratulations on the celebration today! I hope the day is a glorious one. I hope the head and the nerve pain went away so you can enjoy the day!

Milestone of a day for your family. Congratulations brother.

It was an extremely happy and emotional day. My stepmom even mustered the energy to attend the service. She however did not feel up to photographs with the family. I can understand her self-consciousness given the current battle and health reasons.

Nice getting caught up TJ. Congrats on the baptism of your son.

Your brother must be a GIANT! Or the rest of you are all just really short.

My brother and I are actually half siblings. We have different mothers. His maternal grandfather was 6’9” and nobody in my family comes even close to 6’.

Well I am hopeful that I can begin to get back on some form of regular schedule as far as posting and such. Several days has passed and the other company I interviewed with never called. I assume then that I did not get that position but God has a plan and I am hopeful that things will turn around where I am sooner or later. Tension is still high at times in that respect but the guy they put over me for the most part minds his own thoughts and allows me to get my job done so we really don’t interfere much at all in each other’s day to day. Stepmom is doing as well as can be expected except for a demolished immune system and a constant fear of catching something from anything or anyone. That and the lack of energy are the hardest on her at the moment. So we truly do have a long “row to hoe” as they say in my part of the world but we are making progress towards the “short rows”. Pre-op for the missus’ foot surgery is June 7 and the surgery will be on the 14th. Hopefully outpatient but possibly one night and then a few weeks of no weight at all on foot, then 6 weeks or so of extreme light weight on foot before recovering completely. It’s gonna be a long dang summer gents.

Tonight’s shave was a visit old friends week kickoff of epic proportions! Did manage to even have Murphy come by and remove an ingrown hair or bump of some sort completely.

CF7D9AAE-FA5F-44B4-84F4-D4393F310249.jpeg
Thanks for reading folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my brothers!

Catching up, TJ, and I see that you've had lots going on. A belated congrats on your son's baptism.

Back