The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Nice Couple of shaves TJ! Have fun at the ocean! Act like a Pirate because I know you have always wanted to be one! 🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️

Very nice, TJ. Man, I still love the way that Marblewood handle came out. I really need to get some more of that stuff.

The Mrs lost my Variant in a bag from our weekend trip. She reached up on my razor rack and just grabs one. It gives her the best shave she’s ever had. I now do not have a Rockwell 6c with an R6 plate.

On the plus side my .84 Game Changer is in my company P.O. Box and I don’t even remember what handle I got on it but does it really matter when I have 3 other Razorock handles to choose from if I don’t like it.

Italian razor, soap and splash, Italian-American brush. This week should have been my best week for participating in themes but I failed and only shaved like 3 times theme wise. Trying out a Feather blade in the Razorock SLOC razor. Put the handle I got from Aaron on it and I do like the looks better than the bulldog handle.
66817CB0-0A7C-4C77-A66E-8A5A406F9507.jpeg
Will be particularly interesting to see what happens when I get my game changer tomorrow and then Friday night I actually get the house to myself as the Mrs is taking the boys back to the beach. She is gonna come back and get me Saturday after work so I can spend Memorial Day with my grandparents. I am worried that there won’t be many more times camping with them as my papaw has been having a difficult time health wise lately with strokes. He’s old so it is only a matter of time but I really really am not looking forward to losing him. I also am not looking forward to working this week as it should be the slowing down of planting season but rain and weather issues have messed us up and it is very difficult to predict the timing of the seasons the last few years. Work gets in the way of forum time but one day it will grew up and I will begin to be as active as I once was. Maybe I will even be able to sneak a video in later this week who knows!

Thanks for reading folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Video, video, videoooooo!

Excited to see how you like the GC!

Great that the family can spend so much quality time together these couple weeks!

Nice to see ya'll getting time to get away and enjoy life brother!

How dare you bad mouth palmolive!

And TJ how is the Gamechanger? Did it come yet?
The Gamechanger came to the office PO Box Saturday and I got it in my hands yesterday. Then I began feeling nauseous and left work at 2 and came home and went to bed. I put it in the razor rack and haven’t touched it since. I stayed home today because I’m still not feeling well maybe I can try it out later but not so sure at this point. What I can say is it is a heavy duty piece of equipment that is extremely well made!

That sucks, but at least it's work you're missing and not the weekend trips!

Ok before anyone says anything yes this soap belongs to the boss lady and I want to participate in as many soap/cream theme shaves as possible so I used her soap. Better than using her cart but we won’t single anyone out or anything.

Now on to the real meat and potatoes of the shave today. I made the decision to join @Joe Hackett theme week with Witchy Woman. I am at home under the weather a bit and I knew that this was the perfect opportunity to go that route. Whipped up a wonderfully slick yogurt like lather with the TSC anniversary Timberwolf brush and while I really didn’t care for the scent of the soap it wasn’t horrendously in my face either so silver lining! The star of this shave I must say was the razor!!! My first two passes I could tell that there was whisker removal being done because I could hear it a bit but only just a tiny bit of audible feedback. I lathered pass 3 and the entire pass was feeling and sounded like I was doing something wrong. I couldn’t feel or hear anything ZERO. So I lathered my face again and did a fourth pass paying careful attention to my angle and pressure was easily avoidable as the razor is heavy heavy compared to many DE razors I’ve used. Again pass 4 had zero feedback of any type so I began to worry that I was in for some serious burn from the alum and my splash. None and my face was the smoothest it has ever been! Yes smoother than Kate smoother than a straight smoother than my ‘Jectah! I can with some reserve until a few more shaves say that Razorock really has Changed the Game!

DB7CBC8E-1BDF-4D5F-87B1-269DBBC564CE.jpeg
After the shower and shave I began feeling much less sick and grabbed a bite of lunch. Then I will attempt to do a few minor things around the house to help the missus out a bit and hopefully get some more rest before back at work tomorrow.

Thanks for reading folks and thanks for commenting and hanging in this wild journey with me. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my friends!

It sounds like someone is sicker than he thinks. Declaring some DE smoother than Kate. Pffft.

Back