The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Two days in a row I am posting shaves! Did you guys miss the every single day madness of this strange Doc? I missed being able to post regularly.

I’m glad that someone bought the bronze timeless in Josh’s BST because I was twitching and almost did it.
D68A86B4-3543-4624-96EC-AF92461D0F0D.jpeg

Did a second splash last minute of Dr. Jon’s Clary sage and sweet birch. After opening up the place Mr. M gave me yesterday.

On a side note you all know or most of you at least that my job is in the agricultural sector of our economy and that leads to my next statement. Clary sage literally smells horrendous while it is growing and gives me an insanely strong allergy/sinus headache and congestion. The oil that is in products has none of that said reactionary problems for me and it smells amazing!

Thanks for reading folks folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Three strikes in baseball you are out
Three strikes in bowling is a turkey
Three strikes for a week of wet shaving = happiness

Razorock XXX
Finished off with AV Ice Sport

04A549B0-A4B6-4A56-A647-CE046F591D9D.jpeg
Had an insanely long day today and finished the evening with a Bourbon! Now my 3 yr old has decided he was sleeping with me and the boss.

Have a good day folks. Thanks for reading. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

No shave tonight but did have a stellar mail day.

Cella never tried it so I grabbed it
Haslinger sandalwood never tried and it got me free shipping
Razorock SLOC DE with bulldog handle
ItalianBarber Amici soap I am assuming same formula as Razorock but smells amazing

Next was CBL
Cigar Shop Cowboy
SIR Fougere
Cherry Blossom & Bamboo
for the missus
Paloma Picasso
Curve Crush

And from Aaron’s BST a SS Razorock handle for I think it will probably go on the SLOC and the Bulldog on the Icon head I have.

859359C2-5EE6-4608-BD1F-90C5F157EEC7.jpegB31FD248-964A-40A1-8D1A-F1FB2568AC47.jpeg23AE4676-28F1-4D7E-8AD6-51B13519062A.jpeg

Wow oh wow oh wow tonight’s shave is absolutely fantastically amazingly awesome! I decided to forego any more of the old friends shaving this week and pay due respect to some of the new mail call I got yesterday.

Razorock SLOC with new Derby stainless blade and my new CBL SIR Fougere soap. I simply don’t have any idea where to start except that the moment lather met face and then blade met lather angels sang and demons fled and all was right in the shaving den tonight. Never tried the Derby blades before and I am absolutely amazed at their performance. Maybe even worthy of a 100 pack if I find a deal on em. After my shave I topped it off with some Asylum Royal Fougere and then I’m gonna go full bore Penhaligon’s English Fern on the folks at the office tomorrow!

3D768744-8677-482C-B087-C27FE35DC067.jpeg

The Timberwolf knot in my anniversary brush keeps on performing stellar and I believe my den would be largely incomplete without it.

Well I can say that work has been hectic and I have a new boss again. Not that he is bad but just largely overextended in his supervisory duties. He leaves me alone but as I type this I may have already told you all this. Hopefully at some point they separate me from him and I can run the department as I see it needs to be instead of running it passed a team leader first. Got home and poured a few fingers of Redemption and it is better today than it was last time I poured a bit so maybe my taste was just looking for something that wasn’t there. It still isn’t Larceny or Tin Cup good but not bad either.

Me and the family are planning a minor league baseball game visit at a team about an hour and 20 minutes from the house soon before her surgery. We were gonna do a Braves or Nationals game but with her being unable to put weight on her foot for several weeks we just don’t want to risk the chance of having to do an exorbitant amount of walking at a major league game.

Thanks for reading folks today folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

077D1596-3A48-490F-A5C1-67818F5F475E.jpeg
I topped off this with Stetson splash and I am ready to say that this Razorock SLOC is a whisker killer BBS giving absolutely beautiful piece of shaving heaven. And the missus says I smell something that smells amazing.

Happy Mother’s Day to any mommies that may be reading this. Thanks for reading folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Mother’s Day breakfast at church then worship service at 10 am instead of 11. Came to the in-law’s house and put 20 lbs of chicken leg quarters on the grill for lunch and starting to bake a batch of scratch made chocolate/pecan brownies. My wife owns the stovetop at our house but the grilling and the baking belong to me so if it comes to it I’m never gonna starve! Hope you all have a great day today with family!

All caught up TJ. The CBL Curve Crush is modeled after a perfume that my wife likes to wear. Might be too feminine for ya. So let your wife use it.

TJ is getting a little more time for the forums. Looking forward to your next video brother! :)

Back