The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Dave's Barber Shop Discussion

Dave I only get the 1/8 clipper treatment from my wife now but she doesn't really trim well around the perimeter and I'm fine with that as she does what she can. I miss my barber though. Hearing your constructive critique makes me remember Woody that has passed away. He's the one who gave me several of my straight razors. He was so detailed and an artist on the level of detail I here in your comments. Really enjoying this thread !!!

Now I'm curious.... what are you doing for Halloween?

Wreck It Ralph. I have been needing a haircut but when i decided that was my costume i figured i would wait till after Halloween to get it cut.

We need Photos, LOL, and come in anytime Kyle at Hollywood Barber College at Prince & Flowing wells or contact me off post to set something up

I always dress up for Halloween! But this year I was too indecisive so I decided to let my wife have all the fun. Next year I will definitely be on my game!

I always dress up for Halloween! But this year I was too indecisive so I decided to let my wife have all the fun. Next year I will definitely be on my game!

It's not too late! I usually throw something together last minute anyway.

Well we now have out first Victim uhh.....errr Client of the Forum. Kyle ( see above ) @uacowboy, came in with 4-months of hair growth, and his hair was almost to his shoulders. I did not shoot a before but his halloween pic was approximate. Gave him a nice Gentlemen's Cut slickback, with a bit of a pompadour. Think it came out nice and he is a proper gentlemen again, LOL

Thanks so much Kyle for coming in, much appreciated my friend..... Not to mention he showed me a few Straight razors he is working on, so the wallet may become a bit lighter, LOL

Uh... what's the dirt left on his face? This is a shaving forum.

Thanks for the cut Dave. Feels a million times better now.

Uh... what's the dirt left on his face? This is a shaving forum.

Don't worry it will be gone soon enough
1f609.png

So glad I stumbled upon this thread! I'm currently looking for a good barber. I've been going to a chain "get em in, get em out" place out of necessity for a while. I'm sure my grandfather rolls in his grave every time I go, although right after my last cut my dad did give the stylist a compliment.

For those of you that don't know, I come from a line of barbers. My dad was a 3rd generation barber. If he hadn't changed professions when I was very young, I probably would be a 4th generation barber.

I've tried a few "barbershops" locally, but they've all been one barber that knew what they were doing and 3 or 4 girls out of cosmetology school. That doesn't cut it for me...no pun intended.

As for the small talk, I think as long as it isn't forced it's ok. When it's noticeable that they're just trying to make small talk it's uncomfortable and sometimes annoying. But if it's just a natural conversation I'm totally ok with that.

As far as topics to be covered, I'd love to hear about styles for guys with thick, coarse, wavy hair...that's what I have and I hate it lol!

Back