The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Corona Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been hearing for more than a week now that California has a major backlog of tests. The only stat I’ve seen 65% of the tests collected have not been run/reported. If this is true (hard to believe since I first heard it at least a week ago, but I am still reading stories about the backlog and the lack of swabs being a main reason for the backlog???) then the true picture might be quite different.

2232 cases now with 48 deaths in my state and 88 in my county oh and our governor issued a work or home order yesterday. He said its basically a stay in place order we can go to work or home or out to grocery store or doctor or pharmacy or other necessary places but no just hanging out....

I truly wonder what the new normal will be after this. I've been spraying down my mail with disinfectant. Idk how long that will last.

No new deaths, and holding at 5% of tests ran result in a positive. I know this isn't even close to over but I'm glad my state isn't as bad as some others. Praying for the world!

No new deaths, and holding at 5% of tests ran result in a positive. I know this isn't even close to over but I'm glad my state isn't as bad as some others. Praying for the world!
We are at 11%, but it really depends on the criteria you use to test.

1,1?? Cases and 67 deaths. They say we have a higher death count because we are #2 for elderly people in a state......

Last edited:
We are at 11%, but it really depends on the criteria you use to test.

It's not a simple as positive or negative?

Out state is giving a test to anyone who has a symptom, came in known contact, or traveled.

It's not a simple as positive or negative?

Out state is giving a test to anyone who has a symptom, came in known contact, or traveled.
I mean your positive rate will be effected by the screening criteria used for testing. The more you open testing, the less your positive rate will be.

I mean your positive rate will be effected by the screening criteria used for testing. The more you open testing, the less your positive rate will be.

Okay ..that makes sense. Our state epidimologist stated that we aren't even hitting our quota each day because people aren't coming. Her and the governor practically begged people to go get tested in the conference today. My understanding is pretty much anyone who wants a test in Utah can get one.

State rolled this out last week. Apparently over 50k surveys have been filled out. So they are contacting those they want tested.

Testutah.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back