The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Corona Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our new numbers just came in. It looks like the increase in testing has finally come in and raised our overall numbers.

1584983602167.png

The overwhelming bulk of our cases and deaths are coming from the New Orleans area (Orleans and Jefferson Parishes) - 70% of the cases to be exact and 74% of the deaths.

1584983919536.png

It is also of note that a good number of the deaths in Orleans parish came from an Upscale Retirement community.

gatherings larger than 3 people just became a crime here...
I wanted to say I praise our medical professionals and the individuals that are cleaning places to keep us safe BUT i also want to say thanks to the groups of people who are not even being acknowledged Thanks to the people working in our nations grocery stores and restaurants because without them most of the country couldn't shelter in place.. These People Including MY WIFE who works for one of the grocery stores are going to work Every Day Without Any form of protection from the general public.. they have been deemed mission critical (essential) to everyone's survival. my wife was at work in the deli and a man ordered several pounds of bologna and told her he was getting it so he could go home and not have to come back out and she said to him that she understood that and he had the nerve to say to her "no you dont, why are you even here then" she held her tongue from telling him that the reason she was there was so others would be able to stay at home and that if she hadnt been there that HE wouldn't have been able to get his stupid bologna.... So on behalf of myself I want to say THANK YOU to EVERYONE even those that others have not acknowledged. .....

Last edited:
I'm in favor of stores putting limits on essential items to prevent hoarding but we have to remember that a lot of people in the stores are shopping for multiple families. Many of us have elderly or sick parents and friends who rely on us for supplies.
We shouldn't assume that everyone with lots of stuff in their cart is being selfish and greedy.

I'm in favor of stores putting limits on essential items to prevent hoarding but we have to remember that a lot of people in the stores are shopping for multiple families. Many of us have elderly or sick parents and friends who rely on us for supplies.
We shouldn't assume that everyone with lots of stuff in their cart is being selfish and greedy.
i agree but there is typically not a reason for someone to purchase 100's of rolls of toilet paper or 100's of bottles of hand sanitizer .

Did anyone just catch the President saying that Facebook is donating 700,000 protective masks? If there is a real reason I hope someone can enlighten me...but what in the hell does Facebook need 700,000 masks for? And I guarantee you that isn't all that they have.

Did anyone just catch the President saying that Facebook is donating 700,000 protective masks? If there is a real reason I hope someone can enlighten me...but what in the hell does Facebook need 700,000 masks for? And I guarantee you that isn't all that they have.
Donating as in paying for or they actually have them on hand? Two different things...

Donating as in paying for or they actually have them on hand? Two different things...

I caught that too. i know they said they were stuff for their employees but it didnt say whether they were just going to be paying for them or physically giving on hand equipment..

You're right, but sometimes giving someone the benefit of the doubt can turn your blood down to just a simmer. It sure helps me.
i agree with that. i try to give the benefit of the doubt but people like the self admitted price gouger who he and his brother rented a uhaul and drove over a 1300 mile area to go to all the dollar stores they passed and cleaned out their supplies of sanitizer when this first started and was sitting on a stockpile of 17000 bottles of sanitizer are horrible. yes he has since donated the remaining stock that he has ( of course he had already cleared about half a million dollars from what he sold).

After the fires in California many people stocked up on masks. Maybe they had a stash to be good Samaritans the next time around? That's the reason we hear many times for people that have masks to donate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back