The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

SR Shave #655:

I decided to work on the Robert Williams razor last night. I made some decent progress with the coticule and was able to eke out two passes with it today. I did a third pass with the Merkur Progress, however. The edge on the RW is still not even close to where I want it....yet.

Anyhow, I really enjoyed the soap and frag today. The Rudy Vey Shavemac Finest whipped up an outstanding lather from the diminishing tub of L&L Grooming "Bandwagon". My goodness, how I dig the scent of this soap! And the performance is totally elite status all the way, as I've mentioned many times before. Post "mug" treatment was my usual Sampson's unscented balm.

Finished up with Boucheron Pour Homme EdP. Oh yeah! Totally diggin' this juice! It's a citrus aromatic that was launched back in 1991. Here's the note breakdown from basenotes:

1. Top Notes
  2. Heart Notes
  3. Base notes
That's a lot of stuff, eh? It's basically a fresh, citrus forward, herbal start; then the florals emerge; and then it settles quickly into a clean, soapy, sophisticated scent that exudes mature elegance. This is dynamite! And it's quite versatile, IMHO. This makes for an excellent work scent, for the distinguished gent, and it can certainly be worn in a formal occasion. I'd say that this works for all seasons, but probably least so in the winter. This is available in EdT and EdP concentrations. Awesome!

5VdwdMd.jpg

Nice Chris and looks pretty reasonably priced. What's the longevity like?

Very reasonably priced! Only about $35 for a 100ml bottle (online) - that's remarkable, actually, for such a nice fragrance. In terms of longevity: most reviewers get in the 8 - 12 hour range, with some getting 12+. However, I got about 6 hours; I went easy on the trigger this morning at about 8am, and by about 2pm it had become a skin scent - still detectable, for sure. It would be easy to over-apply this, so be cautious.

Nice, very nice!

Thanks, Tim.

That Frag appears like it would be in my wheelhouse. I will need to look into it further.

Very reasonably priced! Only about $35 for a 100ml bottle (online) - that's remarkable, actually, for such a nice fragrance. In terms of longevity: most reviewers get in the 8 - 12 hour range, with some getting 12+. However, I got about 6 hours; I went easy on the trigger this morning at about 8am, and by about 2pm it had become a skin scent - still detectable, for sure. It would be easy to over-apply this, so be cautious.

Thanks, Tim.
That's what I needed to hear. Saw it on the bay for @34 shipped and is on my radar for when the paypal account recovers. Thanks

Very nice shave Chris, and a big thumbs up on the Frag choice. Boucheron Pour Homme EDP was one of the first frags to really wow me when I tried a sample, and it was one of the first bottles of fragrance that I purchased when I was still dancing around the edge of the rabbit hole. Great juice!

@cmh737 master of all that is high-end and scented as heaven. Looking into a few fragrances and curious if you have tried any and your thoughts. Also wondering if you have ever order decants and your success with that.

Imaginary Authors - A City On Fire
Mona di Orio - CUIR
CB i hate perfume - Burning Leaves

@cmh737 master of all that is high-end and scented as heaven. Looking into a few fragrances and curious if you have tried any and your thoughts. Also wondering if you have ever order decants and your success with that.

Imaginary Authors - A City On Fire
Mona di Orio - CUIR
CB i hate perfume - Burning Leaves

If I can give an unsolicited opinion on one of those...Imaginary Authors - A City On Fire is downright awesome, and is my favorite Imaginary Authors frag. That said, it is definitely not for everyone and the main scent I get from it is "bonfire" lol. It is a cooler weather scent(It screams Autumn to me) and I've gotten a lot of compliments from it, though I still haven't pulled the trigger on a full bottle. As with most IA fragrances that I've tried the projection and longevity are up there, and you can choke out a room if you are too liberal with the application.

Back