The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

It's great to see you popping in, Chris. Very sorry to hear about your mom and great-aunt. Glad to hear that you're doing well overall, and Happy Thanksgiving!

May 19, 2024

Greetings all; it's been a while. Thought I'd drop by and say hello.

Nothing much new to report since my last update. The family is doing well. I'm still working at the same place. We now have 2 cats (a ragdoll and a rescue black shorthair) and 2 dogs (both long coat chihuahuas). Still playing the bass. Planning a trip to Paris and London this summer. Still taking it "one day at a time" (been 11 years now). Life is good.

Shaving wise: I'm mostly a DE user nowadays (I rarely break out a straight). Been using the tried and true Merkur 34 mostly. Haven't been on the soap trying binge anymore as I still have enough for 10 lifetimes; and speaking of soaps....One that I've always joked about and used to not really care for scent-wise, is now one that I use on the road all the time: Arko. Can you believe that? But no denying how slick it is. But I'm still "not chosen" and don't see that changing (sorry, not sorry Veg). Fragrances? I probably have enough for 20 lifetimes - going to be culling the herd soon, along with brushes and SRs.

That's about all I can think of for now. I've been enjoying AdP Colonia the past couple of days. I really should wear it more often now that it's getting hot.

051824d.jpg

Back