The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

Nice shave Chris! I don't know much about straights as I’m not quite ready for that craziness yet, but it sounds like you got this one dialed in. Good stuff!

Good working and good memories, what more could you ask for from a bit of shave gear? Good stuff!

Nice shaves. Just got caught up.
Nice shave and great picture Chris!
Nice shave Chris! I don't know much about straights as I’m not quite ready for that craziness yet, but it sounds like you got this one dialed in. Good stuff!
Good working and good memories, what more could you ask for from a bit of shave gear? Good stuff!
Nice shave Chris, glad you got that gorgeous straights edge dialed in.
Many thanks, Gents!

Wednesday's shave:

I'm about to head out the door in a few, so a quick entry. Here was the set-up:

Schick Injector//Tuxedo synthetic//MdC Vetyver//Lucky Tiger + Fine Snake Bite//Creed Bois du Portugal EdP

I know I must sound like a broken record, but my goodness, how I dig this MdC Vetyver!! Love it, as I do MdC soaps in general. As I previously mentioned, I do believe that I'm going to go the month of January with only MdC soaps and CBL soaps. BTW, I thought I'd give the MdC Rose another go. When it first came out, I was underwhelmed with the scent, but I went ahead and ordered another jar of it to re-visit. They've come out with new labeling on the jars, but don't know if the formulas has been "tweaked" or not. I'll know soon.

Did just two passes with the Injector, and was rewarded with a very comfortable DFS. I switched out the Paella blade for a new Schick branded blade, and I do believe that the Schick's are smoother. With that being said, do you want to know something? As much as I dig the injector, the Merkur Progress has actually surpassed it for me in preferences. Yep, how 'bout that?

Finished off with some Lucky Tiger + Fine Snake Bite mix (awesome!), then some Creed Bois du Portugal. An excellent start to the day.

Schick injector blade? was that a "vintage" blade or do they still sell schick injector blades?

I like the old glass tub of MdC, but I do like the vetyver you sent me. I've never found MdC to be elite but it's never let me down either. I guess it falls in the vintage Colgate/williams barber soap category, always good but never GREAT.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! A month of CBL/MdC sounds heavenly, do it!
Thanks, Chris.

The Progress over the beloved 'jectah? Say it isn't so!
Sounds crazy, I know.

Schick injector blade? was that a "vintage" blade or do they still sell schick injector blades?

I like the old glass tub of MdC, but I do like the vetyver you sent me. I've never found MdC to be elite but it's never let me down either. I guess it falls in the vintage Colgate/williams barber soap category, always good but never GREAT.
It was a modern Schick injector blade.....And I dig the MdC.

Nice shave and pic!
Thanks, Tim.

Back in town. I 'll mention the two soaps I used on the road, then mention yesterday's (Sunday) shave, and then today's shave.

The two soaps I used on the road were:

Mystic Water "Gardenia": The newest release from Michelle. A very natural and pleasant gardenia flower scent. If you don't care for floral scented soaps, then this would not be for you. But if you do like floral scented soaps, then this is worthy. I got the stick version.

Declaration Grooming/Chatillon Lux "Gratiot League Square": This was a sample, and it is totally "puck worthy". My goodness, I dig the scent of this! Here's the official description from the web: " tobacco, leather, rose, clove, nutmeg, sandalwood, vetiver, vanilla, musk, bergamot, and amber." Yes, yes, and yes!

SUNDAY'S SHAVE:

I totally dig the AoS Peppermint shaving cream. I don't have much left in this tube, so I just might have to get a full tub. I have discovered that shaving creams seem to work best for me when not much water is used. I'm actually surprised at how slick it is. Also, I've used it without a brush before, and it's excellent that way as well.

Merkur 34 w/PermaSharp//Maggard synth in WD handle//AoS Peppermint//Kiehl's aftershave.

MONDAY'S SHAVE:

I just received the Injector that I had ordered before going out of town and decided to give it a go this morning. Excellent! The vintage Williams soap was outstanding! Finished everything off with Pen's Sartorial which is perfect for this fine, cool day. It'll take me a while to get caught up with everyone. Hope the weekend treated all of you well.

Schick Injector//Rudy Vey Shavemac DO1, 2-band silvertip//vintage Williams soap//Pen's Sartorial

Nice catch up post. I agree the AOS is good cream. Have you ordered the new Fine Creams? Been curious to see what people think of those, and want to read a review I trust.

Nice catch up on shaves Chris. I swear I should have snagged that injector before you did. Looks to be in awesome condition. I got the memo and used my injector today too ?

Back