The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

Nice catch up post. I agree the AOS is good cream. Have you ordered the new Fine Creams? Been curious to see what people think of those, and want to read a review I trust.
Thanks, Chad. I didn't even know that Fine now had a shaving cream. But I just ordered a tube, so I'll let you know in a few days.

Glad you’re back safely Chris! Good catch up!
Thanks, Chris.

Nice catch up on shaves Chris. I swear I should have snagged that injector before you did. Looks to be in awesome condition. I got the memo and used my injector today too
1f44d.png
Thanks, Dave. This injector is indeed in awesome condition.

Very good overview of the soap man.
Thanks, Tom.

Nice shaves Chris! That DG scent sounds awesome!
Thanks, Steve. I ordered a tub of the DG soap with the matching a/s and EdT today.

SR Shave #653:

Today felt like a straight razor kind of day, so I chose to use the Torrey 1/4 hollow w/"Eric's Custom" scales. And since I was using this particular razor, I had to use the brush that matches - the "Eric Custom" w/Tuxedo synthetic.

The soap of the day was WSP Formula T Tobacco. This is the tin that I had picked up in Chicago at Merz Apothecary a few months back. Man oh man do I dig the scent of this soap! Love it!

Finished up with Tabac a/s + Fine Snake Bite mix, then Tabac EdC. An excellent pairing, and a good way to start the day.

I'm working on getting caught up with everyone - slowly, but surely.
1f60e.png

Tabactacular!

Sorry I talked you into a purchase of Fine Cream lol
Thanks, Chad. And I was happy to order the Fine Cream.
1f60e.png

That picture needs a warm fireplace and a dog with it.
I was thinking some nice 70s floral print wallpaper.
Love the pic
Great pic! Even the bottle caps got the treatment.
Thanks, Gents.

1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
I agree. A nice avacado green or mustard yellow color theme!
Nice shave Chris! I received a sample of the tobacco bar soap with my last WSP order. Great scent!
"Avocado green" - that's the color of all the appliances in the home I grew up in. Even the rotary telephones matched!
1f60e.png

And WSP has that tobacco scent in a bar soap? That's awesome! I must have it now!

Wednesday's shave:

I'll call this shave, "utilitarian". It was a no-frills, got the job done well, kind of affair. Since I really wasn't sure as to what kind of soap and frag to use today, I opted for this....

The vintage Wrisley Saddle Club soap worked perfectly fine this morning. The Rudy Vey Shavemac DO1, 2-band silvertip whipped up a very nice lather. It's a good soap, but honestly, having used it a couple times now, doesn't "wow" me like the vintage Colgate Cup or vintage Williams. Like I said, it's a good soap, with no real complaints on overall performance, but it'll go in the drawer. The Gillette Super Speed w/Persona Red did a perfectly acceptable job today - again, no complaints.

Finished up with Floid Vigoroso. Man oh man, how I dig this juice!
1f44d.png

Sometimes we just need an adequate soap for the morning shave. I do that sometimes too. But it sounds like the rest of it was awesome!

Great photo per usual. Could have said you just slayed all the dolphins in sight and I’d have believed you! ?

Great photo per usual. Could have said you just slayed all the dolphins in sight and I’d have believed you!
1f606.png
Thanks, Chris.

A run of the mill shave so to speak is sometimes VERY nice.
Agreed.

Nice shave and thanks for listing a soap I can live without since I have vintage williams and colgate.
Thanks, Dave. And yeh, you're covered with the Williams and Colgate. Although, if you're still leaving your options open for another vintage soap, I can say that the vintage Yardley is most excellent.

Back