The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

The superfats in the soap can easily become grainy. Kokum butter and shea butter are particularly prone to becoming grainy like that.

I wouldn't worry about it one little bit. They should smooth into a nice lather. I'd just be happy that the soapmaker bothered to put those goodies in there.
Thanks, Randall. Good info to know.

....I tried an Injector once and it didn't jive. But that was years ago and I might have to try to revisit!
My guess is that you may have tried using it like a DE and that would have been disastrous. If you can get an I1 model, that one is less aggressive than some of the earlier ones.

I haven’t run into that grainy texture yet. But that is interesting that some butters would do that.

Friday's shave:

Pearl Harbor Day. It's been 77 years; and sadly, the majority of our nation has probably never even heard of it. Sigh.....

Anyway.....the shave.

Ah yes, the shave. And what a phenomenal shave it was! Just two passes for a rock solid DFS. I could have easily gotten BBS with another pass, but really, saw no need to chase today.

Here was the set-up:

This Martin de Candre "Vetyver" is my absolute favorite MdC soap. As a matter of fact, I dare say, that this particular soap is indeed one of my favorite soaps period. I totally dig it! I've come full circle to my opinion on MdC soaps - I truly love 'em. I might do the month of January with just MdC soaps. Or perhaps share the MdC month with CBL soaps. Yep, that's on the table.

This Merkur Progress w/Persona Red has definitely become my "desert island" razor combo. No question. It's perfect for me. And the ShaverJoe w/Muhle synthetic was the perfect brush for the soap today. And you know what else was perfect? Several "glugs" of Skin Bracer to finish. This after shave really is excellent juice. I put some in a small bottle to take with me on the road frequently. It just flat out works!

Hope everyone has a good and safe start to the weekend.

Good reflection. I had a couple family members who remembered that morning (they were children then). They spoke about it once or twice...sobering.

Took the kids to Pearl Harbor a few years ago. They were surprisingly interested and got to meet a veteran that was there.

A very somber day that changed the world forever. Always remember never forget.
Roger that.

It really is a shame what they don’t teach in history classes now.
Exactly.

Hard to beat a perfect shave.
1f44d.png
True.

Good reflection. I had a couple family members who remembered that morning (they were children then). They spoke about it once or twice...sobering.
Sobering indeed.

Took the kids to Pearl Harbor a few years ago. They were surprisingly interested and got to meet a veteran that was there.
Nice to hear. One day I'd like to get out there.

Great shave today Chris! I guess my internal calendar was turned off because I didn't think today was the 7th. Thanks for letting me know. I always like to do something to remember Peral harbor Day...even if it is just a prayer. It's just one of those days we should all remember in some way.

And for the record...when I tried an Injector "once," I meant that I tried it once for several days! But yeah...I probably would like it better now.

And for the record...when I tried an Injector "once," I meant that I tried it once for several days! But yeah...I probably would like it better now.
Don, my point was not number of shaves, but number of razors. As was discussed before, the different models shave differently. You may need to try a few before you find one that works better for you..... just like with DE razors!

Great shave today Chris! I guess my internal calendar was turned off because I didn't think today was the 7th. Thanks for letting me know. I always like to do something to remember Peral harbor Day...even if it is just a prayer. It's just one of those days we should all remember in some way.

1f44d.png

Don, my point was not number of shaves, but number of razors. As was discussed before, the different models shave differently. You may need to try a few before you find one that works better for you..... just like with DE razors!
Can't argue with that.

Back