The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

Wednesday's shave:

A cold day down here this morning, so went with another "spicy" set-up....

My goodness, how I dig Stirling Spice! It's my second favorite Stirling scent (Iced Pineapple being #1), and actually, during the cold weather, it may be my favorite. Love it! The ShaverJoe w/Ubersoft synthetic whipped up a marvelous lather.

The Merkur Progress did another fantastic job with the Persona Red. This blade is perfect in this razor. 2 passes with some cleanup and it was BSB(-). Excellent!

Finished up with several "glugs" of Old Spice aftershave and I'm good to go!

Great shaves Chris! I live in N TX and I’ve had enough of waking up to frost on the ground. I’m ready for summer ?

I love Stirling Spice! I would also agree that it’s my second favorite scent from Stirling, but my first choice would be Sharp Dressed Man. Nice shave!

SR Shave #650:

Time for a traditional straight shave. I chose the Thiers-Issard 5/8 half hollow w/bone scales....

And the soap this morning was one of CBL's "pre-market" soaps from a while back - his "Old Spice" scented soap. It still has a nice fragrance to it, and it's still uber-slick.
1f44d.png

The T-I's edge is really dialed in, and had a very nice 2-pass, DFS(+).

I'm still hangin' with the "spicy" shaves, and had to go with Old Spice aftershave again. Finished off with Creed Bois du Portugal EdP. Lovin' it!

That Razor is gourgous....
Does Chris still make an "Old Spice-esk" scent? I have been looking for a soap that brings me back..

Roger that on cold down here. Nice shave and even better picture
\nThanks, Dave. \n\n
Great shaves Chris! I live in N TX and I’ve had enough of waking up to frost on the ground. I’m ready for summer
1f601.png
\nThanks, Tim. Even though it\'s still cold, I\'m not quite ready for summer yet.
1f60e.png
\n\n
I love Stirling Spice! I would also agree that it’s my second favorite scent from Stirling, but my first choice would be Sharp Dressed Man. Nice shave!
\nStirling Spice - yes sir! And SDM is a good one too. \n\n
That Razor is gourgous.... \nDoes Chris still make an \"Old Spice-esk\" scent? I have been looking for a soap that brings me back..
\nI don\'t think that he\'s offering an Old Spice scent at the moment. One day, perhaps? But for now, if you want a soap that \"brings me back\" to the Old Spice days, look no further than Stirling Spice, or Soap Commander Endurance. Those two are the best/closest \"Old Spice\" scents that are available on the market today, IMHO.

Good shave Chris! Enjoying the Spice shave streak!\n\n
That Razor is gourgous.... \nDoes Chris still make an \"Old Spice-esk\" scent? I have been looking for a soap that brings me back..
\n\nYou could always inquire with Chris. He may do a custom deal.

Excellent shave, Chris. I have several of the pre-market CBL soaps as well, and still plan to do a month of them at some point.

Good shave Chris! Enjoying the Spice shave streak!....
Thanks, Chris.

Nice shave and that is a great looking razor!
Thanks, Tim.

Excellent shave, Chris. I have several of the pre-market CBL soaps as well, and still plan to do a month of them at some point.
Thanks, Eric. I've been thinking of doing the same thing.

Are you going to shave tomorrow??
Certainly.
1f60e.png

Friday's shave:

Finally getting around to posting this morning's shave. It's been a busy day.

The weather is crazy down here! Now it's warmed up to spring-like temps, so I opted for CBL's "Ghost Pineapple".

My goodness, how I dig this soap! Marvelous! The "Eric Custom" w/Cashmere synthetic whipped up a stellar lather, and the Merkur 34 w/PermaSharp gave me a wonderful 2-pass, DFS(+). No complaints whatsoever. Finished up with Thayer's Witch Hazel, then Creed Aventus EdP. Excellent!

Home Front News: So we had some drama at the house last night. We got back from eating dinner out, and my daughter goes back to her room to hang with the two guinea pigs, then comes running down the hall screaming. One of them had died. Yep; it was just laying there. No visible trauma, and had been in good health. Can't figure it. But needless to say, she was extremely upset. I buried it last night in the backyard. And even though she's still sad, she wanted to get another one so that the remaining one wouldn't be lonely. So earlier this evening we went and got another one. My daughter feels better, but is still sad and upset of having been the one to find the one expired last night. Yeh, I know, it's just a rodent pet, but it still breaks your heart as a parent seeing your child so hurt. We're keeping our fingers crossed that these will last a while longer.

Aww, bummer the kiddo had to see that! Our oldest dog is swiftly approaching terminal age. She’s still spry for now, due to the younger, but whatever happens, it’ll be the first time our boys will have to deal with something like that. Not looking forward it...

Sorry to hear about the life lesson your daughter experienced. Hard but nice she saw the need for the remaining one to have a companion. Hope she bonces back shortly.

Sorry to hear about losing the little guy. It’s never easy to lose a pet, and even harder to watch your kids go through it. Sending good vibes your way.

Back