The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

Tuesday's shave:

Still rainy and cold and yucky down here; but that's OK, because it lends itself to so many excellent soap/frag choices! Like this, for example:

Oh yeh! Mystic Water Leather & Smoke + Ghost Town Barber = AWESOME!!!!! Totally diggin' it!

What an awesome combo, and what a stellar shave. No complaints today. Love me some GTB!

Leather and smoke? That must be a newer offering. Haven't heard of that one.
I was just gonna say. Time to buy more soap. Gotta have that one!
It must have been this past summer that it was released, I'm guessing. I happened to see it on her site a few months ago and got a sample. I liked it so much, that I got the stick a couple of months ago. It's perfect with GTB aftershave and EdP!

Nice combo! GTB
1f60e.png
1f44d.png

SR Shave #648:

This morning, it was back to my favorite straight razor; still an excellent edge that is totally dialed in right now. And yet another rainy, cold, dreary day here, so time for some sandalwood....

Yepper - AoS Sandalwood. I totally dig the scent of AoS sandalwood! This happens to be the modern soap, and it's an excellent soap for me with the water at my house. In terms of performance, on Chad's scale, I put it on the border between Tier 1/Box 4, and Tier 2/Box 5. It works very well for me, and truth-be-told, I can't discern any significant difference between this new version and the tallow version. Actually, this new one might even be better if I had to pick one.

Post shave was a mix of Fine Santal Absolut splash cut with Humphry's Witch Hazel. This makes the aftershave scent much more tolerable to me, because by itself, the SOS of the Fine is a bit too much for my liking in an aftershave. Then finished up with the Art of Shaving Sandalwood EdT. Marvelous! I sooooo wish that they hadn't discontinued this particular EdT.

Back