The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

Same 2 issues for my skin this time of year Chris. Glad it's better today !!
Thanks, Dave.

Man that is a serious post shave "glug!"
1f44d.png

That MdC and the Vetyver are probably the best scented MdC!
Totally agree. Love that Vetyver, for sure!

Thursday's shave:

I had thought about skipping the shave today, but decided to go ahead with a one-passer. The Flare Tip Super Speed (w/Perma Sharp) was the right tool for the right job this morning. Just one pass (with some cleanup) was good enough. Fortunately, no irritation.

The soap today was magnificent! I totally dig Stirling soaps (as you all know), and the one I chose for today's shave was this one.....

My goodness, how I dig this Piacenza! Totally love it. The Omega 48 whipped up a fantastic lather and the scent is to die for - love it!

Finished up with the Piacenza aftershave splash, then some of the real-deal AdP Colonia. Excellent!! A great start to the day!!!

Nice shave!
Thanks, Randall.

That is one of Stirling's better scents, very elegant.
Roger that! My personal favorite Stirling soap scents are: Iced Pineapple, Spice, Piacenza, and Executive Man. I also think that Stirling's Piacenza aftershave splash is dynamite. It's as close to AdP Colonia as I've seen thus far, closer even than Fine's Italian Citrus.

SR Shave #646:

A dreary, rainy, foggy, cool fall day here in the ATL. Days like this are perfect for spicy scented soaps and frags, so I opted to use the following:

Soap: PannaCrema Nuavia Blu
A/S: Avon Spicy (vintage)
Frag: Creed Bois du Portugal EdP

I also decided that a traditional straight razor shave was in order, so chose the Ralf Aust. I had given this a little refresh prior to this morning's shave on the La Dressante bout (water only) and then the Dan's Whetstone black Ark (water only). The result was an edge that is completely dialed in for me. I give this a grade of "A". I actually did 3 passes that resulted in an ultra-comfortable BBS(-). No irritation or weepers to be found!

Goodness, how I dig the scent of the PC Nuavia Blu!!! The Rudy Vey Shavemac 2-band silvertip was pure luxury this morning with the soap. Some vintage Avon Spicy juice post shave, then finished off with Creed Bois du Portugal EdP. Yes sir, walkin' tall.

Great looking setup for the day! We had our cold, dreary, drizzle day yesterday. Sun is out today, but 3 separate cold fronts moving through.

Excellent choice of kit today Chris! Fun Avon decanter...Chad needs one!
Chad definitely needs one of those! Good thinking!!

Great looking setup for the day! We had our cold, dreary, drizzle day yesterday. Sun is out today, but 3 separate cold fronts moving through.
Thanks, Tim. And I'm heading up to even colder. Snowing in Green Bay and Minneapolis. Ugh!

Fantastic set up, Chris! Aust's are excellent razors as well.
Thanks, Eric. If I were to get another straight razor, it would be a Ralf Aust 7/8 spanish point with horn scales. One day, perhaps.

Hey Chris. Sitting here at our gate and notice the next flight after ours is this one. From SFO to OAK. Just across the bay. Has to like 10 miles between the two?? I mean you could see one airport from the other if not for the smoke. What’s up with that?

SR Shave #647:

Back in town. A quick mention of the soaps I used whilst on the road before mentioning today's shave.....

Mike's "Sweet Pumpkin Spice": This was a sample, and it is one of his most heavily scented soaps, I do believe. It's a solid 4/5 on the SOS scale, for sure. It's very, very "sweet", and very much reminds one of being in the kitchen with lots of goodies being baked. It's not a scent that I would buy a whole tub of, but it's good for taking with me on the road. It paired well with Old Spice aftershave. Performance was typical Mike's "elite". BTW, in case no one knows, Mike's sells samples now, and they are of an extremely generous size. They're small pucks that are almost the size of a Haslinger puck! And speaking of Haslinger.....

Haslinger "Schafmilch": Totally dig it, as always. Not sure why I don't use this more often - I really should.

OK, this morning's shave. Stirling "British Leather" got the call today on this cold, rainy day, and it was perfect. If you like the scent of English Leather aftershave and/or cologne, then this soap is a must buy. The scent is a dead ringer and flat-out-awesome. I totally dig it. I love Stirling soaps!

Back