The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

Good shave Chris and great evening out with your daughter! I hope your time off arrives swiftly!

Awesome shave Chris! And enjoy those times with your daughter. I was passing candy out last night and I will say that from the ages of some of the kids who came by my house...I think you have many years of trick or treating!

Excellent stuff Chris. safe travels.
Thanks, Chad.

Nice shave and pic Chris !
Thanks, Dave.

Chris your SOTD pic game is AMPed up lately good stuff brother.
Thanks, TJ. Much appreciated.

Good shave Chris and great evening out with your daughter! I hope your time off arrives swiftly!
Thanks, Chris. I'm finally enjoying some time off.

Awesome shave Chris! And enjoy those times with your daughter. I was passing candy out last night and I will say that from the ages of some of the kids who came by my house...I think you have many years of trick or treating!
1f44d.png

Nice shave and those SOTD pics always look great!
Thanks, Tim.

I finally understand what you see in Icon. That is some great juice!
Roger that!

Sunday's shave was excellent:

Merkur 34 w/Gillette black//Doug Korn D7 w/Ubersoft synth//Soapy Science Mint Mint//Kiehl's aftershave balm

Monday, SR Shave #645:

I opted to use the Dorko 576 this morning, and SV's Stella Alpina....

Awesome razor, with an awesome edge. Just two passes for a nice DFS, although I did catch a couple of minor weepers on my chin. No biggie. This SV Stella Alpina is a wonderful scent, but the performance is Tier 1, at best, for me with the water at my house. The matching aftershave smells just as awesome, but it left my ole mug a bit dry; no worries though, as some Sampson's unscented balm fixed that nicely.

I've finally got some time off, which is much needed. However, I've got much to do that will have me occupied for much of it. I will probably be sporadic with my posting as a result.

Hope everyone has a good start to the week.

Nice. I saw that Soapy Science snuck in there for a shave. Pretty sweet soap.

I like that Dorko razor, too.

Tuesday's shave:

I decided to finally get around to using a soap sample that I've had for a while, and it turned out to be very nice; very nice indeed. I'm talking about Mickey Lee's "Jefferson Square".

This is a lavender scented soap that is absolutely wonderful; I totally dig it! The SOS is about a 2/5 prior to lathering, then amps up to 3/5 once lathered - perfect for this one. I think it's a very natural lavender, and actually one of the best lavender scented soaps I've used. And in terms of performance, my initial impression is that it borders on "elite" status for me. I want some more uses before giving it an "official" rating, but it hits all the marks for me. If I didn't already have some lavender scented soaps, I'd order a full tub of this immediately - that's how much I dig it. This is the 5th Mickey Lee soap that I've used, and without question, it's my favorite one thus far.

The Maggard synthetic (in a Whipped Dog handle) whipped up a marvelous lather for the Schick Injector to perform a perfect two-pass DFS. No complaints whatsoever.

The aftershave splash was a no-brainer for me. Whenever I use a lavender scented soap, Myrsol AB gets the call - it's perfect! Then finished up with Creed GIT EdP. Excellent start to the day!

Wednesday's shave:

It had been a while since I last used MdC's "Agrumes" soap, and today felt like a good day to break it out....

I totally dig the scent of this soap! It's THE most natural lemon scented soap I've ever tried; love it!

The "Eric Custom" w/Cashmere synthetic whipped up a wonderful lather for the Merkur Progress to work with. I did two passes for DFS(+); however, my chin area had some irritation. It's probably a combination of two factors: (1) Dry skin this time of year + CPAP mask = sensitive area; and/or (2) A brand new Kai blade. This was the first time that I've used a Kai blade in this particular razor, so maybe it's a tad bit too sharp for it. Oh well.

Post shave was a "glug" mix of Lucky Tiger + Osage Rub, then Creed Imperial EdP.

I may opt to take a day off from shaving the ole mug tomorrow. But I'll make that call tomorrow.

Post shave glug of awesomeness!

Sorry your skin is irritated. Hope it clears up quickly!

Back