The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

Nice shave and pic Chris. I do know a brush that would have been better in that pic though............
1f603.png
Well played, Sir!

Mmm TOBS...I don’t miss the cream, but the scent was sure nice!
I do like a few of the TOBS scents for sure.

Excellent shave today.

I watched highlights but not the game. My understanding is that Georgia Tech laid the smackdown without even completing one pass! That is pretty awesome.
Congrats! I didn't see it, but I saw that they had some phenomenal rushing numbers!

Nice shave today, too.
Thanks, Chad and Randall. And yep, GT had 465 yards of offensive, and it was ALL on the ground - not a single completed pass. Crazy!

Nice shave and pic Chris!
Thanks, Tim.

Saturday's shave:

Here was the set-up for this morning.......

OMG, what a marvelous shave! The Merkur Progress w/Persona Red did an outstanding two passer (with some cleanup) that resulted in an ultra comfortable BBS(-). And it was almost impossible for it not to do such a good job since the lather generated by the Tuxedo synthetic made this Stirling Executive Man elite on all levels. My goodness, how I dig Stirling soaps; and this Executive Man is flat-out-awesome!

Finished up with several "glugs" of Stirling Executive Man aftershave, and then a vasili of Creed Aventus EdP. I'm heading out the door for work and walking tall.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Back in town, and a quick mention of the two Mystic water soaps (samples) that I used whilst on the road, in terms of scent only. The performance was typical Mystic Water awesomeness.

Mystic Water "Cuppa Joe": Nope - did not like the scent of this coffee scented soap at all - nope. But then again, I do not like coffee scented soaps - nope, don't like them.

Mystic Water "Orange Vanilla": "Meh". The scent is rather nondescript; pleasant enough, but didn't really smell like orange nor vanilla, just "meh".

Mystic Water's good stuff, IMO. I'll have to pick up some Coconut Sandalwood next summer. Too busy trying out our vendors' products.

Mystic Water's good stuff, IMO....
Oh, I totally agree. I love Mystic Water soaps! I've used 47 Mystic Water scents so far and will have soon tried them all. I was merely talking about the scents of the Cuppa Joe and the Orange Vanilla - not the performance. I'm going to go back and edit my post to clarify.

Halloween shave, and I forgot to take a themed pic! Oh well, a normal one will have to do:

Excellent shave this morning! The vintage Williams soap was extra slick today due to the TGN boar brush lathering machine. It made for a wonderfully smooth 3-passer from the Merkur Progress which resulted in an ultra-comfortable BBS. Post shave involved some Humphry's Witch Hazel, then Sampson's unscented balm. Finished off with a sample of Lagerfeld Bois de Vetiver EdT, courtesy of Eric. Yes! This EdT is most excellent and I totally dig it! Many thanks, Eric!!

Good stuff Chris. Hope you were home yesterday with your Daughter on Halloween instead of being in an airport!

Thursday, Nov 1st:

Yesterday, for Halloween, the weather was perfect! My daughter had a great time trick or treating. I don't know what age the kids stop trick or treating, but I'm guessing my daughter still has a few more to go, and I'm enjoying them while I can.

I'm out the door in a few hours, and thankfully, when I get back from this trip, I'll finally have a stretch of days off. I hope to get caught up with everyone soon; and I do want to stress the fact that I am reading everyone's posts.

With that being said, today's quick shave was thoroughly enjoyable, I must say. I used the latest offering from Mike's Natural Soaps, his "Rose, Patchouli, Cedarwood".

The performance was typical Mike's - "elite" status for me. The Rudy Vey Shavemac DO1, 2-band silvertip really whipped up a marvelous lather.

The scent of this one is pleasant, and I like it, but I won't say that I "dig it". It's sort of an odd combination of scents, to me, at any rate, and I can't discern each note individually. They just meld into one particular unique fragrance; I suppose that's the best way for me to describe it. I was definitely hoping that the rose would be dominate out of the three, but alas, it isn't. No biggie. Like I said, I like it, but I prefer some of his other scented soaps to this one. Oh, and BTW, the SoS is about a 2/5 prior to lathering, but once lathered it bumps up to a 3/5.

The Merkur Progress continues to impress me, and the Persona Red blade really works well with this razor. Another 3 passes for another ultra-comfortable BBS. Excellent!

Post shave was Swiss Pitralon splash (one of the best juices out there!); then Dunhill Icon EdP for the finish. Yes!!!

Back