The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

SR Shave #644:

Back in town, and decided to use one of CBL's "pre-retail" soaps, the Earl Grey. I totally dig the scent of this soap! This and the Rose Oud are my favorite CBL soaps, no question.

The Rudy Vey Manchurian whipped up an excellent lather, and the FWE Special did a marvelous job with two passes (I love Solingen razors, and this FWE is an outstanding razor!). I opted to grab the Merkur Progress for a third pass, however, just because I was enjoying the scent of the soap so much. In hind sight, I didn't really need to, as I managed a few weepers in the chin area. No irritation though, just a nuisance. Still walked away with BBS.

Post was Swiss Pitralon aftershave (awesome juice - one of the best splashes out there!), then some C.O. Bigelow Barber cologne. This cologne was an impulse buy when I was standing in line. It smelled pretty good, and it's inexpensive, so grabbed a bottle. Upon initial application, it's nice; however, the dry down does not work on me, so washed it off. Good thing it was inexpensive.

Nice shave and set up, Chris. I need to grab my stock of pre-retail CBL and make a month of it. And I really need to get some of the Black Rose Oud...and the TSC scent as well...

Just got caught up from a ways back, Chris, and I'm still drooling over the Wacker from however long ago it was that you used it. Yowza! What a gorgeous blade!

Good luck to the Ramblin' Wreck this weekend.

Earl Grey CBL Soap? Yes Please! I love Earl Grey scented or like scented soaps! Just a wonderful way to smell around the day!

Nice shave Chris. That eagle is still on their site Taunting me. PLEASE go get it !!!!!!!
1f61c.png
Well, I gotta sell some stuff first. But man oh man, that particular brush is right in my wheel house - a more fan shaped knot than bulb, and the loft and "free loft" are equal.

The Earl Gray is excellent soap!
Roger that, Chad!

Just got caught up from a ways back, Chris, and I'm still drooling over the Wacker from however long ago it was that you used it. Yowza! What a gorgeous blade!

Good luck to the Ramblin' Wreck this weekend.
Thanks, Randall. And Ga Tech put a beat down on Va Tech last night! What a shock!

Friday's shave:

First off, did anyone see the Ga Tech/Va Tech game last night? I'm shocked at the outcome - happy, of course, but still shocked.

Well, the weather today is gloomy, wet, and cold. There are many nice soaps and frags that are perfect for days like this, and the one I opted for this morning is....

Good ole TOBS Sandalwood. I totally dig this scent. Even though it's not like any sandalwood scent type I've ever smelled (and even wonder how this can be called sandalwood), I still dig it. I went full on TOBS Sandalwood today: bar soap, shaving soap, aftershave, cologne, deo. Old man checklist complete!

The performance of this soap is a low Tier 2 for me (on Chad's scale, I give it Tier 2/Box 7), but still good enough for a satisfactory shave, and I like it. I did, however, super-lather this for the second pass with vintage Colgate Cup soap. Mmmmmmm, now we're talkin'. Just the two passes with the British Aristocrat #16 was all that was needed today for a perfectly acceptable DFS. The blade I used, however, wasn't really to my liking; it was a Persona Platinum. Now I've use Persona Med Preps and Persona Reds, but not this Platinum. I thought the Platinum a bit harsh.

Excellent shave today.

I watched highlights but not the game. My understanding is that Georgia Tech laid the smackdown without even completing one pass! That is pretty awesome.

Congrats! I didn't see it, but I saw that they had some phenomenal rushing numbers!

Nice shave today, too.

Back