The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

I loves me some Mike's Natural soaps.

I once had not only a Progress, but a Mergress, with a long knob. I liked it, but eventually unloaded it; can't remember exactly why. I kind of feel like the Futur clone that I have outshaves the Progress, at least a little. But the Progress is pretty nice.

Yahtzee!!! We have a winner here sir! Great shave today Chris, seems like everything in this shave took you by surprise in a good way, with the exception of the Chubby. Those are always good. LOL

Thanks, Josh. The CH2 is the brush to use with Mike's soaps.

I've been looking for that stuff for years. I've never found it at a decent price.

I've been using a generous sized sample of the stuff. Truth be told, it's no different than Osage Rub, IMHO. But PM me your new mailing address and I'll send it to you.

Great reads Chris and nice shave with the KRAKEN!!

Thanks, Chad.

I loves me some Mike's Natural soaps.

I once had not only a Progress, but a Mergress, with a long knob. I liked it, but eventually unloaded it; can't remember exactly why. I kind of feel like the Futur clone that I have outshaves the Progress, at least a little. But the Progress is pretty nice.

Gotta dig the Mike's soaps, for sure!

And I once thought of a Mergress, but never got around to getting one.

Chris your pics keep getting better and better! I am likely to revisit Mike's pretty soon. I always thought that it was an okay soap...but nothing special. Fast forward a few years later and I am wondering of the soap might actually be better than I realize because of experience. Thanks for sharing again!

I've been using a generous sized sample of the stuff. Truth be told, it's no different than Osage Rub, IMHO. But PM me your new mailing address and I'll send it to you.

Wow, thanks. Can't wait to try it. PM inbound!

Chris your pics keep getting better and better! I am likely to revisit Mike's pretty soon. I always thought that it was an okay soap...but nothing special. Fast forward a few years later and I am wondering of the soap might actually be better than I realize because of experience. Thanks for sharing again!

Thanks, Don. And I was the same way with Mike's initially! When I first tried it some years ago, I was underwhelmed. Then about a year or so ago, when I got the CH2 brush, I decided to give it another whirl. Whammo! All of a sudden, I realized that this stuff is dynamite with the "right" brush. I think it likes a dense brush that doesn't introduce too much water too soon. For instance, a boar brush doesn't work as well for me with Mike's.

Wow, thanks. Can't wait to try it. PM inbound!

I'll get it in the mail this week. My pleasure!

Great Shave and pic Chris
1f44d.png

Stellar shave Chris!

Glad the Progress still gave a knockout performance after its time MIA.

Caught up on some terrific shaves, Chris!

Once I have the downtime (while I am recovering), will package up those samples I promised you!

Great Shave and pic Chris
1f44d.png
Thanks, Dave.

Stellar shave Chris!

Glad the Progress still gave a knockout performance after its time MIA.
Thanks, Chris. And I'll be using the Progress more and more for sure.

Catching up and hope you are doing well!
Hey Tom. I'm well, hope you and yours are too. Great to hear from you.

Caught up on some terrific shaves, Chris!

Once I have the downtime (while I am recovering), will package up those samples I promised you!
Jim, great to hear from you too! No worries on the samples - I can't recall what they were doing to be anyway - LOL!

Great shave and pic!
Thanks, Tim.

Quick entry. The two soaps I used on the road were the last of my Mystic Water samples. They both were excellent performers:

"Pumpkin Spice": The scent was nice, and a solid 2/5 on the SOS scale, but this scent didn't particularly motivate me to want to buy a full puck.

"White Tea & Ginger": The scent was quite pleasant, but only a 1/5 on the SOS scale. Again, while nice, the scent didn't motivate me to want to buy a full puck.

I'll try to catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Pumpkin Spice? We’re these Starbucks inspired? I guess it is just about that time of year...

I like the sound of white tea and ginger. Does it have a little ginger zing to it?

....I like the sound of white tea and ginger. Does it have a little ginger zing to it?
No "zing" to this one. This one is actually rather nondescript and quite subtle.

The sign that summer is over...the appearance of Pumpkin Spice products!
Actually, I think this sample is from last year.

Yup, now where's that barfing emoji?????
Ah, it wasn't bad - just a kind of spicy thing going on.
1f60e.png

Is it time already for the pumpkin spice craze.
Not yet.

No...but that's not going to stop the marketing execs from thinking it is.

Notice: Christmas will begin 2 weeks before Halloween.
1f60e.png

I really look forward to fall here. It gets way more comfortable outdoors. Also work gets a bunch more busy as that is peak harvest season for cotton, beans, and corn here. Looking forward to your thoughts on the Doc Holiday soap.

Back